MDRC is seeking a Lead Salesforce Engineer to support its growing business within a creative work environment. As the Salesforce Engineer, you will be the primary point of contact for multiple user groups and teams who require development, maintenance, configuration, reporting, and training. You will also interface with various teams and produce reporting needed on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. You will work directly with the system/data, lead multiple technical projects or portions at one time, and provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable on the Force.com platform. You will also drive automation of processes, develop new applications, and manage the integrations to our various business systems for our Salesforce environment. This includes technical design, development, configuration, maintenance, administration, and integration with diverse databases/systems.
We are looking for a professional with a proven record of driving solution delivery in Salesforce to own the delivery on multiple enterprise cloud services.
In this role, you’ll use your process knowledge and people management skills to build systems that work effectively and collaboratively in an enterprise cloud model. You will use your domain knowledge and technical expertise on the SFA platform to define innovative solutions that are also maintainable, reusable, and are based on industry best practices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the MDRC enterprise platform, including ongoing support requests and administrative needs of users by providing prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues.
- Hands-on configuration of Service Cloud/Salesforce Platform, including users, roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, and custom objects.
- Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity. Execute data migration/cleansing projects. Work with various functions and end users to identify, document, and communicate standard business processes as they relate to Salesforce.
- Proactively identify and implement operational improvements, enhancements, and system customizations that meet business requirements. Responsible for developing in Visualforce, Apex, Java, AJAX, and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions.
- Seek out ways to use Salesforce to improve processes and productivity and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace. Performing hands-on software development and testing.
- Perform configuration and customization of the Salesforce.com platform. Participate in efforts to develop and execute testing, training, and documentation.
- Willing to be hands-on in producing tangible deliverables (requirements specifications, design deliverables, status reports, project plans). Use best practices to perform operational support, enhancements, and bug fixes as needed to the Salesforce.com platform. Provide technical assistance and end-user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and “how-to” assistance.
- Develop, maintain, create, and improve validation rules, custom workflows, Visualforce pages, Apex customizations, custom objects, fields, and formulas.
- Recommend, implement, test, and deploy new Apex classes and triggers. Recommend best practices to business users and stakeholders. Gather business requirements from a diverse number of users and translate requirements into scalable solutions.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, MIS, or related field.
- Solid understanding of and detailed experience with the Salesforce.com architecture.
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce application coupled with a good understanding of the business processes (Sales, Marketing, Partner Management, etc.).
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, and creating/deploying solutions to end users. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL (such as Informatica, Jitterbit, etc.) with Salesforce.com would be an added advantage. Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.) Ape and x/VisualForce/Java required.
- 2+ years of SQL database language experience required. 2+ years previous development experience with Salesforce.com. Solid understanding of and detailed experience with Salesforce.com architecture and API Experience writing Lighting Pages, Visualforce, and Apex classes and triggers.
- Experience using Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Excel Connector, DemandTools, Eclipse Force.com IDE)
- Experience architecting, designing, programming, and configuring the Salesforce.com platform and deep functional understanding of its capabilities and limitations. Demonstrative success with at least one large Salesforce.com integration project.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Certified Salesforce.com Advanced Administrator (ADM-211 or ADM-301) or equivalent experience a plus.
- Certified Force.com Advanced Developer (DEV-501) or equivalent experience a plus. Experience with Salesforce.com Mobile applications (e.g., Salesforce Touch or Salesforce 1) a plus.
- Experience working with diverse distributed large-scale and complex datasets. Experience working in highly regulated business environments.
- Experience managing, triaging, and resolving user submitted issues via ticketing system(s).
- Advanced Excel skills (Macro, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP) and advanced SQL skills.
- Highly innovative, flexible, self-directed and results-oriented person with a delivery focus.
- Strong organization skills; handles multiple competing priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical, vision, and dental
- Retirement benefits
- Collaborative culture with career development opportunities
- Time-off perks, including 10 paid holidays
The position is based in MDRC’s New York office. Some on-the-job training is provided.
If you want to be part of a diverse and multidisciplinary staff in a collaborative environment and want a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!
MDRC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. MDRC does not discriminate, and all qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race; color; national origin; religion; creed; sex or gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression); sexual orientation; citizenship status; pregnancy; disability; age; military or veteran status; marital or partnership status; genetic information, genetic predisposition, or carrier status; prior unemployment status; consumer credit history; status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offenses, or stalking; or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Legal work authorization is required.