MDRC is seeking a Resource Management Assistant to join our nationally recognized and highly respected public policy research organization. The Resource Management Assistant will support the Postsecondary Education policy area. As a Resource Management Assistant, you will have the unique opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging environment as part of multidisciplinary teams on management and research related to current education policy issues.
The Resource Management Assistant will focus on a range of management and organizational tasks related to specific projects and will contribute to substantive research and evaluation work. The Resource Management Assistant will report directly to the Policy Area Resource Managers.
- Support policy area resource management with the day-to-day management of the policy area and a portfolio of projects
- Provide support managing project work plans, staffing levels of effort, budgets, and expenditures
- Work with resource managers to develop new project work plans, staffing levels of effort, and proposal budgets
- Coordinate and assist with development of proposals and work plans
- Organize and participate in substantive and management planning meetings and reviews
- Coordinate and prepare management and status reports for resource managers and policy area directors
- Collaborate with staff from various departments, including development, fiscal, legal, and human resources
- Create how-to guides and memos summarizing research progress, project management, and management tools
- Serve as a member of project teams summarizing literature searches, participating in site visits, and collecting evaluation data
- BA/BS in nonprofit management, public administration, public policy, social science, or a related field; 1-3 years of work experience preferred
- Demonstrated interest in social policy research and management
- Understanding of research and evaluation processes
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel)
This position is based in MDRC’s New York office. On-the-job training is provided; salary contingent upon experience.
Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
MDRC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. MDRC does not discriminate, and all qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race; color; national origin; religion; creed; sex or gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression); sexual orientation; citizenship status; pregnancy; disability; age; military or veteran status; marital or partnership status; genetic information, genetic predisposition, or carrier status; prior unemployment status; consumer credit history; status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offenses, or stalking; or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Legal work authorization is required.