Engineer - Distribution Asset Management
Provide guidance, suggestions, and leadership to the areas of Electric and Gas Distribution Engineering and Operations through analyzing and supporting the Company's distribution asset data and applications involving productivity, inspections, maintenance, environmental, capacity, and reliability-driven projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides engineering and operations support to the Company's Outage Management System, Geographic Information System, Synergi, and Distribution Management System. Support includes modeling, application development, reporting, analyzing, power flow analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Provides engineering and operations support through maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrading numerous electronic systems in areas of electric and gas operations.
- Provides leadership and strategic planning for future upgrades, implementations, and conversions of supported systems.
- Assists in managing the Transformer Load Management information on the distribution transformer fleet (both in service and in stock) by tracking all transformers with load calculations and supporting environmental reporting.
- Supports gas and electric distribution equipment inspections and maintenance including maintaining the electronic distribution inspection applications and systems, identifying areas for annual inspections, optimizing the process, creating reports, and balancing the inspection cycles over time.
- Assists in managing the Residential and Commercial Direct Load Management program including maintaining information on active participants and coordinating maintenance and replacement of control devices for interruptible customers on the distribution system.
- Maintains distribution reliability through gathering data and analyzing outages which is used to prioritize capital projects and that benefit reliability all based on MGE's Key Performance Indicators.
- Works and leads collaboration with other departments to develop load-flow models.
- Works and leads collaboration with other engineers to implement and improve design approaches.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or other equivalent degree or experience.
- Two years' minimum of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering principles and theory including analysis, modeling, and electric power system operation or gas distribution operation.
- Understanding of high-, medium-, and low-voltage systems.
- Working knowledge of a variety of database or file structures, programming language, productivity or development tools, environments (e.g., Oracle, SQL, asp.net, etc.).
- Good written and oral communication skills and human relations skills necessary for clear communication to maintain cooperative relationships with Company personnel while working to achieve a common goal or problem solving.
- Applied knowledge of models used for analysis with the ability to validate models.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to understand and resolve issues quickly.
- Basic project management skills and abilities including a good understanding of project management methodology.
- Able to implement Company goals within a team structure and as an individual.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click "Apply for this Position" below. However, if you are already logged in, click on the "Add To My Jobs" below.
AA/EOE-Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Disabled/Vets