Provide guidance, suggestions, support, and leadership to the Company's enterprise ArcGIS/ArcFM solution. The enterprise GIS supports Electric Distribution Strategic Planning, Gas and Electric Operations, and Gas and Electric Engineering. The Company's Enterprise GIS is key to emergency response, electrical distribution asset data, environmental, capacity planning, and reliability-driven projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with Information Technology (IT) to assist in performing installation, configuration, and upgrades of ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Partners with IT to assist in performing installation, configuration, and upgrades of ArcFM and Designer.
- Extends and maintains an enterprise data model for use with electric and gas utilities.
- Creates and maintains ArcGIS Enterprise map and imagery services.
- Creates and maintains sites using Geocortex and ArcFM Web.
- Manages services through ArcGIS Portal and ArcGIS Online.
- Assists in performance tuning and monitoring of the GIS maps and services.
- Assists application developers in leveraging GIS data and services within IT applications.
- Assists application developers in data processing and job automation.
- Monitors ArcFM Geodatabase Manager (GDBM) and diagnoses/resolves job-posting issues.
- Monitors ArcFM Replication and diagnoses/resolves geodatabase replication issues.
- Provides end user support for the Enterprise GIS, Designer, Distribution equipment inspections, and creating reports.
- Provides leadership and strategic planning for future upgrades, implementations, and conversions of these supported systems.
- Assists and leads collaboration with other departments to collect, prioritize, scope, and implement GIS enhancement requests.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science, geography, GIS, or a related field.
- Experience with ArcFM: Desktop, Replication, Designer, GDBM, Viewer for ArcGIS Engine, Web/Geocortex.
- Experience with Python scripting and Arcpy, C# and/or ArcObjects, PL/SQL, and SQL Plus query skills.
- Experience with supporting ArcGIS Server editing, map, and imagery services.
- Experience with ArcGIS Geocoding Services/Address locators.
- Able to develop and deploy Esri.
- Expert in navigating Esri support, forums, and submitting/escalating Esri support tickets.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to isolate/solve any number of problems from code bugs to database connectivity to application server or operating system failures.
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and implementation patterns within ArcGIS Server.
- Experience with geodatabase development, editing, and data analysis.
- Experience in managing multi-user geodatabase environment.
- ArcGIS Desktop Administration within Citrix.
- Experience with set-up/configuration of Esri System Monitor.
- Experience with utility operations.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on "Apply for this Position" below. However, if you are already logged in, click on the "Add To My Jobs" below.
AA/EOE-Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Disabled/Vets