Internal Auditor II
Madison Gas and Electric Company is looking for a detail-oriented individual with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to join our Internal Audit team. This role will provide intermediate-level audit and consulting services to sufficiently evaluate risks and controls and improve the effectiveness of business processes.
MINIMAL TO NO TRAVEL (0 to 5%)!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and performs tests of key financial controls to ensure they are mitigating risk appropriately, properly designed, and operating effectively in accordance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOA 404). Duties include: providing input to stakeholders regarding control design, developing or updating test plans, testing controls, developing recommendations, following up on recommendations, and documenting and reporting the status and results of testing.
- Assists with assessing business processes in assigned areas to determine the key risks and the adequacy and efficiency of internal controls used to mitigate risk appropriately. Assists in planning the objectives and scope of audits. Assists in preparing audit programs detailing and evidencing audit procedures to be performed.
- Performs audit procedures in a professional manner. Analyzes and appraises the evidentiary data objectively during the audit process to develop informed objective opinions regarding the overall adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of business processes reviewed.
- Assists with developing effective written and/or oral presentations to management during and at the conclusion of audits. Assists in preparing formal written audit reports to express opinions regarding the overall adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of business processes reviewed and summarize audit results.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Two to five years of relevant experience.
- Information Technology, cybersecurity knowledge, and/or auditing experience a plus.
- Experience with regulated or publicly traded companies a plus.
- Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, and/or Certified Public Accountant is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- High degree of ethics and integrity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with collaborative interpersonal skills to effectively build relationships.
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability.
- Organized with attention to detail, a critical thinker, and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Data mining and/or analytics skills a plus.
- Advanced ability to use personal computers and diverse software applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on "Apply for this Position" below. However, if you are already logged in, click on the "Add To My Jobs" below.
AA/EOE-Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Disabled/Vets