Madison Gas and Electric Company (MGE) is a community energy company dedicated to planning and providing reliable energy that balances the needs and values of those we serve. MGE is an investor-owned, government-regulated, public utility that generates and distributes electric power to 141,000 customers and purchases and distributes natural gas to 147,000 customers in south-central and western Wisconsin.
Manage the delivery, quality, and cost of materials. This is accomplished through communicating and negotiating with suppliers and through leading the Purchasing Agents who keep the flow of material and inventory at proper levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes and implements methods and best practices related to the systems and processes that support inventory management, retail, purchasing, and material control.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related to the procurement function.
- Ensures that all supplies and services are provided in the most cost-effective manner.
- Partners with other areas of the organization to identify opportunities and aggregate and standardize goods and services required.
- Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Develops processes and procedures for centralized purchasing within the organization.
- Implements centralized purchasing and inventory management (e.g., transformers, meters, IT, and services).
- Implements metrics (safety, quality, customer service, and cost) for the department and improvement projects for those metrics.
- Develops supplier scorecards and uses them to drive improvement both with suppliers and at MGE.
- Improves material forecasting and purchasing processes.
- Analyzes spending and usage information to identify cost-reduction opportunities.
- Leads cross-functional teams to identify and implement material, labor, and service cost reductions.
- Negotiates purchase prices and contracts for materials and services throughout the Company.
- Leads the Purchasing Agents in optimizing business processes.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain management, procurement, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in inventory or purchasing management, production planning, inventory management principles and practices, or materials management disciplines.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated successful ability to plan, assign, coordinate, train, supervise, and evaluate work of departmental staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and procurement and inventory programs.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of inventory and/or construction.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of purchasing and inventory control.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on "Apply for this Position" below. However, if you are already logged in, click on the "Add To My Jobs" below.
AA/EOE-Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Disabled/Vets