Training Associate - Operations Training
About MPI Research:
MPI Research, with global headquarters in Mattawan, Michigan, provides discovery, safety evaluation, bioanalytical, and analytical services to the biopharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, and chemical industries. Scientific knowledge and experience, integrity, trust, teamwork, and dedication to strong and enduring Sponsor relationships are the defining attributes that characterize MPI Research as a high-performance, high-quality organization that is committed to bringing safer and more effective products to the world. Learn more about how we can exceed your expectations at www.mpiresearch.com.
A Training Associates is responsible for the instruction of technical skills for staff. This includes providing and/or coordinating technical training, conducting skill proficiency assessments, maintaining training documentation, and providing feedback to corporate training program governance representative(s) and managers of the trainees.
(Duties & Responsibilities – purpose of the function and result to be accomplished) include but are not limited to those listed:
- Coordinates staff technical training based on needs identified through collaboration with functional line management; conducts training, including cross-training, where applicable; assesses trainee knowledge/skills acquisition and evaluates trainee competence to perform required tasks.
- Documents training progress and completion; coordinates and monitors training conducted by other subject matter experts.
- Reviews work performed by trainees (including data collected as part of the job) and addresses deficiencies.
- Provides feedback about trainee progress to trainee and department management.
- Reviews, updates, and /or creates training materials; obtains input for content and appropriate instructional design from other subject matter experts, as applicable.
- Performs assessments of staff technical skills to verify that correct and consistent practices are used; identifies skill gaps and provides or coordinates refresher training, as needed.
- Assists Learning Professionals with design and implementation of training programs and knowledge/skills assessments.
- Provide training in skills associated with pre and post-operative surgical procedures, surgical equipment and anesthesia delivery and animal monitoring.
- HS/GED/Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience and, for In-life training, LAT certification; or, 3-4years relevant experience without certification.
- 1-3 years work experience with pre and post-operative surgical procedures, surgical equipment and anesthesia delivery and animal monitoring.
- Demonstrated proficiency in required departmental technical skills; previous training experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of department processes and procedures.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.
Benefits at a Glance:
· MPI Research provides the following competitive benefits:
· Two choices of medical coverage, including prescription drug and vision coverage
· Two choices of dental coverage
· Medical and dependent pre-tax flexible spending accounts
· Paid time off bank and holidays
· Retirement savings plan – 401K plan with company matching on employee contributions
· Short/Long term disability plans, voluntary life insurance, and company paid life insurance
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Employee assistance program
· Employees at MPI Research also are given the opportunity to participate in company-sponsored events, wellness programs, self-directed work teams and open communications programs such as the All Employee Survey.
MPI Research is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.