QC Associate - Laboratory Sciences QC
About MPI Research:
MPI Research, with global headquarters in Mattawan, Michigan, provides discovery, safety evaluation, bioanalytical, and analytical services to the biopharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, and chemical industries. Scientific knowledge and experience, integrity, trust, teamwork, and dedication to strong and enduring Sponsor relationships are the defining attributes that characterize MPI Research as a high-performance, high-quality organization that is committed to bringing safer and more effective products to the world. Learn more about how we can exceed your expectations at www.mpiresearch.com.
This position is responsible for verification and archival of study data and departmental records according
to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), protocols, methods, and processes. This individual
contributes to the department by working independently, completing assigned projects on time,
participating in process improvement initiatives, and communicating effectively with others.
(Duties & Responsibilities – purpose of the function and result to be accomplished) include but are not limited to those listed:
· Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues, Principal Investigators, and Study Directors.
· Demonstrates commitment to quality.
· Effectively works in a team and demonstrates a commitment to achieving company goals.
· Efficiently prioritizes assigned daily workload and uses time productively.
· Punctual and reliable attendance according to MPI Research company policy.
· Adheres to safety procedures at all times.
· Reads, understands, and follows SOPs, safety requirements, regulatory guidelines, and company
· Reviews data for adherence to applicable SOP, method, protocol, and regulatory requirements.
· Compiles and archives data books and departmental records.
· Reviews methods for accuracy, consistency, and formatting.
· Reviews and issues data sets.
· Maintains established metrics relating to deviations, errors, and laboratory trends.
· Respond to Quality Assurance Observations, as necessary.
· Possesses a willingness to perform additional work as assigned by management and as part of the
individual’s development plan.
· MS/BS/BA in relevant field and 0-2 years of relevant experience; or
· HS/GED/Associates and 2-5 years of relevant experience.
· Prior experience in a regulated environment
· Expert knowledge of GxPs and industry guidance documents.
· Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings,
weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to work under specific time constraints.
Benefits at a Glance:
· MPI Research provides the following competitive benefits:
· Two choices of medical coverage, including prescription drug and vision coverage
· Two choices of dental coverage
· Medical and dependent pre-tax flexible spending accounts
· Paid time off bank and holidays
· Retirement savings plan – 401K plan with company matching on employee contributions
· Short/Long term disability plans, voluntary life insurance, and company paid life insurance
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Employee assistance program
· Employees at MPI Research also are given the opportunity to participate in company-sponsored events, wellness programs, self-directed work teams and open communications programs such as the All Employee Survey.
MPI Research is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.