Research Assistant 1/Research Associate 1 - Histology - Laboratory Operations Support
About MPI Research:
MPI Research, with global headquarters in Mattawan, Michigan, provides discovery, safety evaluation, bioanalytical, and analytical services to the biopharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, and chemical industries. Scientific knowledge and experience, integrity, trust, teamwork, and dedication to strong and enduring Sponsor relationships are the defining attributes that characterize MPI Research as a high-performance, high-quality organization that is committed to bringing safer and more effective products to the world. Learn more about how we can exceed your expectations at www.mpiresearch.com.
This position is responsible for performing assigned basic support functions in the Histology Laboratory
setting. Functions include set-up, sample management, and/or administrative functions as outlined in a
protocol or appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
(Duties & Responsibilities – purpose of the function and result to be accomplished) include but are not limited to those listed:
· Uses daily the following applications: Microsoft® Outlook, Provantis™, Task List Database, eDocs,
CSU, and ExyLIMS, as applicable.
· Effectively and accurately executes study functions per protocol and SOP requirements.
· Maintains positive, helpful, and friendly customer service to build a strong customer/Sponsor
allegiance, as observed by management.
· Maintains a positive working relationship with peers and management.
· Possesses the ability to perform core function skills from departmental list for the position, as
· Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues, and Study Directors.
· Demonstrates commitment to quality.
· Effectively works independently and in a team and demonstrates a commitment to achieving
· Efficiently prioritizes assigned daily workload and uses time productively.
· Adheres to safety procedures at all times.
· Punctual and reliable attendance according to MPI Research company policy.
· Grade 2:
o Associate’s degree/HS/GED with 0-2 years of experience.
· Grade 3:
o HS/GED with 2-4 years of experience; or
o Associate’s degree with 1-3 years of experience.
· Grade 4:
o HS/GED with 4-8 years of experience; or
o Associate’s degree with 2-4 years of experience, or 0-2 years of experience with
ASCP certification; or
o Bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years of experience.
· Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions and including ability to learn a validated
· Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings,
weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
· Ability to work under specific time constraints.
Benefits at a Glance:
· MPI Research provides the following competitive benefits:
· Two choices of medical coverage, including prescription drug and vision coverage
· Two choices of dental coverage
· Medical and dependent pre-tax flexible spending accounts
· Paid time off bank and holidays
· Retirement savings plan – 401K plan with company matching on employee contributions
· Short/Long term disability plans, voluntary life insurance, and company paid life insurance
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Employee assistance program
· Employees at MPI Research also are given the opportunity to participate in company-sponsored events, wellness programs, self-directed work teams and open communications programs such as the All Employee Survey.
MPI Research is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.