Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
Director, Field Market Access - WEST
General Position Summary/Purpose:
The Director, Field Market Access - WEST will be responsible for leading a team of national account executives that engage with the US payer & Medicare/Medicaid channels as well as a team of reimbursement account managers focused on key dispensing practices, hospital systems, and integrated delivery networks. This individual is responsible for driving all strategies and ensuring the execution of tactics within each of the customer segments to secure access to Pharmacyclics portfolio of medicines. The Director, Field Market Access must possess an overall knowledge of the US payer system and have had direct account experience. They should be familiar with, able to discuss, and train others to present approved value propositions, pharmacoeconomic models, and relevant topics for an oral oncolytic medicine. This individual will need to operate with multiple internal stakeholders including Legal/Regulatory, Medical Affairs, HECOR, Marketing, Commercial Training and Sales colleagues.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of market access strategies and launch plans to achieve payer coverage and mitigate access and reimbursement issues across customer channels.
- Lead the field account teams targeting key payer and channel customers to optimize patient access.
- Assist the Head of Market Access with formulating strategy, KPIs, tactics, business plans, and presentations to senior management.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with You&i Patient Support teams, Trade and Distribution, Federal, Marketing, and Field teams to drive awareness of Pharmacyclics patient support and resolve access issues.
- Be willing to take on special projects that will help facilitate access for company portfolio.
- Cover all accounts within geography. This may involve travel outside of geography for conferences.
- Actively participate in strategy execution meetings with Sales and Marketing leadership to uncover business opportunities.
- Actively use company and third-party databases to monitor access and develop appropriate strategies.
- Establish goals for the field teams and support development plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university. Preferred MBA, Advanced degrees, certifications
- 10 years of biotech/pharma experience, 3+ of which must have been responsible for leading a team focused on the US payer system preferably in the oncology space
- Be a content expert in the US payer system, strong knowledge in the oncology business.
- Creative thinker - able to identify, develop, and execute sound strategies.
- Ability to analyze and create custom reports. Ability to explain these reports to others including those without direct Federal Markets experience.
- Competent with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Must be able to manage deadlines, multiple priorities, and be self-sufficient.
- Excellent communication, written, and verbal skills.
- Up to 75% travel.
- Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies.
- In addition to passing Pharmacyclic's background screening, the employee must submit to and pass additional background screening as required by some institutions and health facility sales accounts (additional screening requests may include but are not limited to background checks, immunization, TB, HIV, hepatitis, and drug screening)