The Senior Consultant represents Russell Investments to large institutional clients and functions as the client’s primary access to all capabilities, expertise and thought leadership.The Senior Consultant is responsible to develop, direct and be accountable for quality and retention of the client relationship. The role provides advice and insight as an experienced professional in the investment industry as well as providing thought leadership for broader Russell Investments business and capabilities. Additionally, the Senior Consultant contributes to Russell’s growth in terms of new business opportunities.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Provide advice on strategic policy and structural issues for investment programs. Consult with clients on implementation of strategies. Collaborate with internal investment experts on manager structure across all asset classes. Develop appropriate review processes to monitor program results. Access and participate with other consulting and research capabilities required by clients.
- Responsible for the revenue and profitability of consulting services delivered to consulting clients. Coordinate delivery of capabilities to clients. Maintain and assure quality and client satisfaction for all capabilities delivered to clients. Contribute to expansion of client relationships with new/additional Russell services. Responsible for retention of assigned client relationships.
- Contribute to the development of new or improved capabilities at Russell in response to client and market demands. Provide leadership in the delivery of new consulting insights to clients. Communicate and share ideas and technology to consulting team. Participate in educational programs and activities (e.g., practice groups) to enhance credentials of consulting group.
- Participate in soliciting and closing all consulting, investment company, and other Russell business prospects. Contribute to Russell's industry presence through selected speaking engagements and conference participation. Identify opportunities to develop Consulting prospects. Contribute to the expansion of client relationships with new or additional Russell services.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Investments or similar required.
- CFA, FSA or ASA/EA required.
- 10 years of demonstrated high level of investment industry knowledge.
- 10 years of seasoned professional working with sophisticated clients.
- 10 years of effective communicator: excellent verbal and written communications skills; and persuasive presentation style. The ability to facilitate discussions as well as to facilitate decisions as well as the ability to execute on decisions made.
- 8 years of demonstrated quantitative skills and knowledge.
- 8 years of demonstrated computer and technology proficiency utilizing corporate and sales tools.
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills; interacts effectively with diverse groups of people from all segments of the marketplace as well as interact in a collaborative manner with internal associates/leaders. Demonstrated tactful and diplomatic approach.
- Able to influence decision makers and clients and to relay complicated concepts in an understandable manner. Takes a leadership role and demonstrates ability to influence and work in a collaborative manner within the company to produce effective results.
- Excellent judgment and discretion in dealing with clients and complex situations.
- Strong organizational, priority and time management skills with a strong detail orientation. Understand how to effectively utilize resources to deliver a quality outcome/product.
- Strong work orientation and the ability to work independently, be self-directed, excel in an unstructured work environment, as well as working well within a team environment.
Russell Investments is a global financial services firm that serves institutional investors, financial advisors and individuals working with their advisors in more than 40 countries.
Founded in 1936, Russell Investments is one of only a few firms that offers actively managed multi-asset portfolios and services that include advice, investments and implementation. With core capabilities extending across capital market insights, manager research, asset allocation, portfolio implementation and factor exposures Russell Investments stands with clients to achieve their desired investment outcomes.
A pioneer, Russell Investments began its strategic pension fund consulting business in 1969 and today is a consultant to some of the largest pools of capital in the world. With four decades of experience researching and selecting investment managers, meeting annually with more than 2,200 managers around the world, Russell Investments is well-known worldwide for its investment advice.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Russell Investments operates globally with 21 offices (as of August 2016) across the world, providing Investment Services in the world’s major financial centers, including London, Paris, Amsterdam, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai, San Diego and New York.
Russell Investments offers a competitive compensation and benefit package to associates including: medical, vision and dental coverage; a profit-sharing retirement plan; sabbatical leave every 10 years; and tuition assistance. Most importantly, Russell Investments offers a work environment where respect for the individual and teamwork are part of our fundamental values. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Russell Investments supports workforce diversity.