The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Supporting the technology associated with the daily operations within Russell in a timely manner to manage risk and ensure a reliable, scalable, production environment. Provide timely on-call support. Also responsible for interfacing with internal and external auditors requests.
- Providing coverage for change management of both internally developed and vendor provided systems. This includes ensuring that quality assurance and testing of systems and subsystems are accomplished prior to moving changes to production. A Production Support Engineer is responsible for approving changes to the Russell production environment and ensuring all changes and processes are properly documented.
- Ensuring internal data integrity which includes daily global pricing, security master and many forms of Investment data. Also providing timely support for issues regarding Russell enterprise data, including data analysis, setup, troubleshooting, data queries, data changes, and reporting.
- Ensuring that Russell systems are fully supported 24/7. This position will participate in planning and maintaining Business Continuity for internal systems.
- Managing vendor relationships, including planning for and organizing release updates, new installs, new equipment and software requests in conjunction with Corporate IT, business unit staff and vendor contact.
- Managing internal batch processes and data integrity, including pricing, security master, and trade data.
- Determining technology support needs and assessing availability of resources.
- Coordinating technology efforts with Corporate IT and the business units.
- Providing support to business units in troubleshooting data issues and reaching resolution.
- Partial responsibility for vendor relationship management, including managing release cycles.
- Partial responsibility for decisions affecting the operational state of the internal production computing environment within Russell
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Computer Science, MIS or Finance.)
- 2-4 years experience in the investment management business preferred
- 2-4 years experience in/on IT related projects preferred.
- Understanding of software development process, change management, and project management.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Experience working in a DevOps role/organization preferred
- Broad technical knowledge of client server, intranet, networking, and SQL relational database systems. Powershell is a plus.
- Experience supporting a 24/7 environment is a plus
- Knowledge of audit processes and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve data related issues.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and business problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle interruptions.
- Ability to apply technology to practical business solutions.
- Assertive, self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to contract and negotiate with vendors, internal and external.
Russell Investments is a global financial services firm that serves institutional investors, financial advisors and individuals working with their advisors in more than 40 countries.
Founded in 1936, Russell Investments is one of only a few firms that offers actively managed multi-asset portfolios and services that include advice, investments and implementation. With core capabilities extending across capital market insights, manager research, asset allocation, portfolio implementation and factor exposures Russell Investments stands with clients to achieve their desired investment outcomes.
A pioneer, Russell Investments began its strategic pension fund consulting business in 1969 and today is a consultant to some of the largest pools of capital in the world. With four decades of experience researching and selecting investment managers, meeting annually with more than 2,200 managers around the world, Russell Investments is well-known worldwide for its investment advice.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Russell Investments operates globally with 21 offices (as of August 2016) across the world, providing Investment Services in the world’s major financial centers, including London, Paris, Amsterdam, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai, San Diego and New York.
Russell Investments offers a competitive compensation and benefit package to associates including: medical, vision and dental coverage; a profit-sharing retirement plan; sabbatical leave every 10 years; and tuition assistance. Most importantly, Russell Investments offers a work environment where respect for the individual and teamwork are part of our fundamental values. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Russell Investments supports workforce diversity.