The Business Analyst coordinates key initiatives to improve quality, accuracy, and delivery of projects. The person in this role collaboratively engages operations, investment management, finance, marketing, product, other enterprise teams, and vendors, seeking to gain complete understanding of business processes to solve business needs.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Formalize and map current and future business processes, including gap analysis.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve business processes
- Perform stakeholder analysis, identify different perspectives and resolve conflicts
- Perform standard business and strategic analyses including the determination of Business Objectives, SWOT Analysis and Business Activity Modeling.
- Perform Use-Case analysis to model the interactions between systems and users
- Engage business partners to prioritize requirements, resolving conflicts and establishing Key Performance Indicators
- Document, validate, manage and communicate business requirements
- Identify how business requirements may be supported by business systems and operations workflows
- Collaborate with operations, investment management, finance, marketing, product, other enterprise teams, and vendors to provide solutions to meet strategic and tactical business needs.
- Participate in proof of concept analyses and work with operations to ensure understanding of advantages and limitations
- Collaborate with the business and global technology, if required, to create and engineer project plans, approaches and strategies.
- Translate business requirements into designs for effective solutions
- Ongoing SME participation in projects to ensure proper implementation of business requirements
- Participate in vendor reviews, analyze and perform gap analysis and influence vendor selections
- Facilitate the creation of use case scenarios and support user acceptance testing
Knowledge Development / Leverage
- Meet with stakeholders on a regular basis to understand the objectives, risks and challenges
- Stay informed and abreast of industry developments as related to business analysis best practices
- Identify business and technology risks and provide recommendations to mitigate them
- Remain current with Russell business direction, products and services as well as emerging new technologies
- Maintain a strong knowledge and understanding of business needs and drivers, building client trust and confidence by continuously improving service delivery
- Communicate the technical aspects to the non-technically minded business community.
- Adapt to rapidly changing business objectives, ensuring the understanding of new objectives and prioritizations.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Previous experience as a business analyst within an investment management organisation
- Broad asset management knowledge including experience working with operations, investment management, finance, marketing, product, vendors etc
- Under graudate degree or equivalent ideally in Maths, Ecomonics, Business or Finance
- Experience in MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Project, Word, & MS PowerPoint
- Experience performing needs assessments, requirements documentation and conducting clear analysis to uncover needs
- Ability to assess components associated with business needs in a timely manner while ensuring acceptable level of detail, data integrity, and accountability
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge and expertise among various organizations within the company and across geographical regions
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, listening and communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Ability and willingness to take the initiative to facilitate discussions within the various organizations of the company
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Capability to schedule time with flexibility to handle varying workload, and still meet tight deadlines
Russell Investments is a global financial services firm that serves institutional investors, financial advisors and individuals working with their advisors in more than 40 countries.
Founded in 1936, Russell Investments is one of only a few firms that offers actively managed multi-asset portfolios and services that include advice, investments and implementation. With core capabilities extending across capital market insights, manager research, asset allocation, portfolio implementation and factor exposures Russell Investments stands with clients to achieve their desired investment outcomes.
A pioneer, Russell Investments began its strategic pension fund consulting business in 1969 and today is a consultant to some of the largest pools of capital in the world. With four decades of experience researching and selecting investment managers, meeting annually with more than 2,200 managers around the world, Russell Investments is well-known worldwide for its investment advice.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Russell Investments operates globally with 21 offices (as of August 2016) across the world, providing Investment Services in the world’s major financial centers, including London, Paris, Amsterdam, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai, San Diego and New York.
Russell Investments offers a competitive compensation and benefit package to associates including: medical, vision and dental coverage; a profit-sharing retirement plan; sabbatical leave every 10 years; and tuition assistance. Most importantly, Russell Investments offers a work environment where respect for the individual and teamwork are part of our fundamental values. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Russell Investments supports workforce diversity.