|Back to Search Results
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
As a senior quality assurance engineer you will be working closely with end users, developers and other stake holders in an agile environment. In additional to defining, documenting and executing the testing of internally used .NET based web application you will be evolved in sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, development and product deployment. The successful candidate for this position would be comfortable in an agile development environment contributing to both manual and automated test case creation and execution of .NET based applications, services, web applications database objects, and data integrity. The ability to understand and test systems integration is a must. This position will be utilizing the following tools/technologies: SQL, XML, programming and scripting of automated test cases, and Test Complete automation software.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
* Participate in projects to ensure the quality of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions that support regulatory, operational, financial, marketing, and/or sales and service business initiatives. This includes facilitating the flow of US Distribution project deliverables through complete life-cycles in order to support a successful on-time completion of high-quality products.
* Analyze, design, and implement quality assurance solutions that support small scale development and enhancement efforts that are approved by the US Distribution Development Steering and Review Committees.
* Monitor and analyze the production technical environment. This includes ensuring that all necessary jobs and processes completed within defined service level agreements, resolving system errors and issues, communicating system status and availability to customers, and escalating issues to vendors and technology partners as necessary.
* Create and/or modify policies and procedures as business needs or applications/systems change while proactively communicating changes to Russell associates who may be impacted by these changes. Proactively identify and solve business, political, technical, and project management issues through a process of negotiation and/or escalation.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
* 6 + years of QA Test experience.
* Experience running SQL queries.
* SQL scripting experience (additional script programming is a plus.)
* VB.NET SQL Server Regression testing.
* Testing tools (Test Complete a plus.)
* Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server & tools.
* Experience in Web Testing.
* Experience Database testing.
* Experience in testing tiered, database-driven web applications.
* Experienced in working with large databases and data integrity validation.
* Create test plans and test cases.
* Execution of test plans/cases.
* Previous contributions to test automation.
* Experience with test automation and the creation of automated test suites.
* Experience in high scale environments.
* Proven ability and desire to work in an agile development environment.
* Experience supporting a team of developers.
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal/communication skills.
* Demonstrated motivation and ability to 'hold your own' / produce quality work independently.
* Very strong communication skills ' asks questions, makes contributions, shares necessary information.
* Experience working alongside developers, project managers, and other QA professionals in a collaborative team environment.
Russell Investments is a global financial services firm that serves institutional investors, financial advisors and individuals working with their advisors in more than 40 countries.
Founded in 1936, Russell Investments is one of only a few firms that offers actively managed multi-asset portfolios and services that include advice, investments and implementation. With core capabilities extending across capital market insights, manager research, asset allocation, portfolio implementation and factor exposures Russell Investments stands with clients to achieve their desired investment outcomes.
A pioneer, Russell Investments began its strategic pension fund consulting business in 1969 and today is a consultant to some of the largest pools of capital in the world. With four decades of experience researching and selecting investment managers, meeting annually with more than 2,200 managers around the world, Russell Investments is well-known worldwide for its investment advice.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Russell Investments operates globally with 21 offices (as of August 2016) across the world, providing Investment Services in the world’s major financial centers, including London, Paris, Amsterdam, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai, San Diego and New York.
Russell Investments offers a competitive compensation and benefit package to associates including: medical, vision and dental coverage; a profit-sharing retirement plan; sabbatical leave every 10 years; and tuition assistance. Most importantly, Russell Investments offers a work environment where respect for the individual and teamwork are part of our fundamental values. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Russell Investments supports workforce diversity.
Are you a returning applicant?