This position provides operational support and services representing Global Operations & Data Management, supporting successful outcomes for both internal and external clients. The position manages fund, product and account reference data, as well as fundamental data like performance and constituent-level holdings. We aim to provide accurate and timely delivery of data and reports to internal stakeholders and clients. In addition, the role will support data research and controls, design, development, and implementation of enhancements and opportunities. The role will also support corporate initiatives, including project leadership.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Front line contact for technology and data delivery support issues related to team activities (including after-hours support), providing data and business expertise to internal and external Russell clients.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of internal colleagues, at all organizational levels, across all business lines globally.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to requests by utilizing analytical skills and relationships.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of data, gather requirements for new deliveries, and design solutions in the form of scheduled reports and data feeds.
- Provide key performance indicator statistics to internal clients (I.E. focusing on performance, enhancements, and opportunities)
- Coordinate report development, coding, operational changes as requested by internal business unit stakeholders and process owners.
- Document, submit, and manage requests for new reporting capabilities and data elements.
- Develop and maintain procedural documentation including the ability to report on quality control issues in an effective manner.
- Serve as a subject matter expert regarding investment products and their data requirements, including operational processes and regulatory considerations.
- Identify cost reduction/risk mitigation and implement long-term solutions.
- Advise clients on opportunities to further leverage our reference data and vendor capabilities, assisting clients in both the strategic and tactical planning phases
- Ensure effective and up to date data management practices, including accurate data held within the database(s).
- Work with the vendor(s), data providers, and Russell IT associates to manage any data changes required due to errors, revisions, etc.
- Monitor incoming data to ensure Russell Investments receives timely delivery and accurate data.
- Identify, research and explain variances in data and calculated results such as performance in conjunction with other global data management associates.
- Conduct data analysis when necessary to determine root cause of data inconsistencies.
- Monitor controls and procedures at the vendor and custodian banks to confirm accurate and timely data is being delivered.
- Report on operations and project metrics.
- Create and maintain documentation like work flow diagrams, processes, and desk notes.
- Acquire and automate additional data sources (internal and external) as needed to improve operating efficiency or support business/product needs.
- Network with other key data management associates globally/across Russell, evangelizing and implementing common best practices wherever possible
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Knowledge of various file/ transmission formats and technologies is required, including XML, flat file formats, FTP and ETL technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Technology, or equivalent required
- Previous experience as a data analyst / senior data analyst within an Asset Management organisation preferred.
- Experience with data management
- Experience using SQL is strongly preferred
- Experience managing operational data stores, data warehouses, and data marts
- Client service and vendor relationship experience
- Technology skills: including systems implementation, data manipulation, data feed support, SIT and UAT
- Willingness to be involved in new and ongoing corporate initiatives
- Works effectively with others within and across the networked organization. Listens to colleagues irrespective of level or business unit, and values their contributions, taking all views into account as part of the decision-making process.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines, strong time-management skills.
- Able to handle and complete multiple projects occurring at the same time.
Russell Investments is a global financial services firm that serves institutional investors, financial advisors and individuals working with their advisors in more than 40 countries.
Founded in 1936, Russell Investments is one of only a few firms that offers actively managed multi-asset portfolios and services that include advice, investments and implementation. With core capabilities extending across capital market insights, manager research, asset allocation, portfolio implementation and factor exposures Russell Investments stands with clients to achieve their desired investment outcomes.
A pioneer, Russell Investments began its strategic pension fund consulting business in 1969 and today is a consultant to some of the largest pools of capital in the world. With four decades of experience researching and selecting investment managers, meeting annually with more than 2,200 managers around the world, Russell Investments is well-known worldwide for its investment advice.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Russell Investments operates globally with 21 offices (as of August 2016) across the world, providing Investment Services in the world’s major financial centers, including London, Paris, Amsterdam, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai, San Diego and New York.
Russell Investments offers a competitive compensation and benefit package to associates including: medical, vision and dental coverage; a profit-sharing retirement plan; sabbatical leave every 10 years; and tuition assistance. Most importantly, Russell Investments offers a work environment where respect for the individual and teamwork are part of our fundamental values. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Russell Investments supports workforce diversity.