Located in Vancouver, the Sales Support Associate (SSA), will be responsible for supporting the sales efforts of the Advisor Solutions group by providing outstanding support to Advisors and Financial Planners in a designated Region(s). In this capacity, the SSA will have the responsibility of working in conjunction with multiple Regional Directors (RDs) and Regional Sales Associates (RSAs) in maximizing the leverage of the team in achieving cash flow targets.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- A significant portion of this role will be territory management of specific regions.
- This role will require a very close working relationship with multiple RDs to support specific regions in increasing sales results.
- This work will require expertise in Microsoft Dynamics, for example, data management and running ad hoc reports to assist in managing the territories.
- The SSA will also need to be fluent with RussellLink and Russell Web, in order to help/train advisors and their teams to navigate through the website and to use our online tools and materials.
- Individuals in this role will also require an in-depth level knowledge of Russell’s Marketing Materials to provide fulfillment requirements as needed.
- The SSA will be responsible for helping their regional teams set up for advisor and investor events and workshops including liaising with various internal departments and external vendors in order to set up these events and ensuring that all logistics are taken care of.
- The SSA may also be required to attend events for Russell Investments and or the RD’s region, thus there will be instances where the SSA may be asked to attend advisor events outside of normal work hours and travel may be involved.
- The SSA will assist multiple RDs in calendar management and booking meetings, preparing sales materials and presentations and following up on RD meeting requests and questions.
- An important portion of the SSA role will include support and management of Russell’s Sales line and provide the highest level of service to Russell clients.
- The SSA must be able to investigate questions on trailers and performance of portfolios, assisting in sales calls with product knowledge, pricing, and other company and product information including service/operational type issues.
- The SSA will also be responsible for additional projects that may vary in nature. These are intended to help in the overall AS team objective of meeting our sales target.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Sales or service experience would be preferred.
- Outstanding client service skills; ability to identify needs and opportunities and respond effectively in a timely manner.
- Ability to develop deep client relationships that are lasting and mutually beneficial.
- Knowledge of the advisor community is beneficial.
- An in-depth knowledge of the investment management industry, mutual funds, sales strategies and techniques.
- Working knowledge of Russell’s business is an asset.
- Excellent professional and interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, to work independently and to use sound business judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Deadline oriented; results driven and self-motivated.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Completion of Canadian Securities Course (CSC) is beneficial.
Russell Investments is a global financial services firm that serves institutional investors, financial advisors and individuals working with their advisors in more than 40 countries.
Founded in 1936, Russell Investments is one of only a few firms that offers actively managed multi-asset portfolios and services that include advice, investments and implementation. With core capabilities extending across capital market insights, manager research, asset allocation, portfolio implementation and factor exposures Russell Investments stands with clients to achieve their desired investment outcomes.
A pioneer, Russell Investments began its strategic pension fund consulting business in 1969 and today is a consultant to some of the largest pools of capital in the world. With four decades of experience researching and selecting investment managers, meeting annually with more than 2,200 managers around the world, Russell Investments is well-known worldwide for its investment advice.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Russell Investments operates globally with 21 offices (as of August 2016) across the world, providing Investment Services in the world’s major financial centers, including London, Paris, Amsterdam, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai, San Diego and New York.
Russell Investments offers a competitive compensation and benefit package to associates including: medical, vision and dental coverage; a profit-sharing retirement plan; sabbatical leave every 10 years; and tuition assistance. Most importantly, Russell Investments offers a work environment where respect for the individual and teamwork are part of our fundamental values. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Russell Investments supports workforce diversity.