Job Title: Digital Advertising and Media Planning Coordinator
Reports To: Digital Advertising Manager
Location: Oakland or Washington DC
Context: Sierra Club is seeking a Digital Advertising and Media Planning Coordinator to assist with advertising across our programs including: email acquisition, direct-to-donate, persuasion, and communications.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a rapidly expanding program at a critical moment for our country and our planet. Applicants are not required nor expected to have all of these skills. We have an existing staff with strong skill sets to help develop the right person while taking advantage of an existing skillset. Above all else we want someone who can think on their feet, is always trying to improve, and is driven to make a positive impact.
- Implement paid media strategies using digital (Google Adwords, Facebook, direct buys) and traditional (TV, radio, print, out-of-home) channels to:
- Grow the Sierra Club’s audience
- Increase direct-to-donate revenue.
- Reach key persuasion audiences.
- Achieve programmatic and communications goals.
- Develop strategies, implement and coordinate multi-channel advertising campaigns through all steps of the process including:
- Strategy Development
- Media Planning/Placement
- Production Support and Coordination (Working with video, creative, and talent)
- Tracking and Analysis
- Invoicing and Reconciliation
- Propose, implement and analyze tests so that we are constantly optimizing.
- Work collaboratively across multiple departments and campaigns to identify shared goals, budgets, and opportunities.
- Identify emerging networks and trends we should be testing (and those we shouldn’t).
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed.
Knowledge & Skills:
- One to three years’ experience in advertising, media buying, media planning or related fields, either professionally or in a volunteer capacity.
- Ability to interact effectively with public, staff, volunteers, members, consultants, and vendors.
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and use tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
Applicants are not required nor expected to have all of these skills. We are looking with someone with a base to build on and around. Potential valuable skills include:
- Google and Facebook advertising platforms skills
- Television, radio, newspaper, or out-of-home media buying skills
- Email Marketing/CRM Related skills (ExactTarget & Salesforce ideal)
- Microsoft Excel or more advanced data analysis platform skills
- Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager skills
- PowerPoint presentation development skills
- Campaign concept creation, copywriting, and editing skills
- Photoshop/graphic design skills
- Optimizely or other multivariate testing skills
- HTML/CSS/Java script skills
This position is represented by a collective bargaining unit and is subject to the terms and conditions of the contract between Sierra Club and Sierra Employees Alliance or John Muir Local, depending on location.
The Sierra Club offers competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan. This is a category 7 non-exempt position.
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) organization. Sierra Club does not sponsor H1B visas.
The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet.
*If you are applying for one than one position with us, please attach your job-specific cover letters in the 'Attachments' section.