Title: Administrative Assistant
Chapter: Lone Star
Reports To: Chapter Director
Context: The Administrative Assistant performs various administrative duties to support the day to day operations of the chapter office and the Executive Committee.
Scope: The Administrative Assistant performs administrative and general office duties, coordinates chapter activities and meetings, interacts with volunteers, and responds to general and/or unsolicited inquiries from members, volunteers, and the general public.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to Chapter Director, office staff, Executive Committee and volunteer leaders.
- Handles bookkeeping duties including the processing of payables and receivables. Maintains records of expenses and income.
- Maintains files and databases relating to contributions and assists with other files and databases as needed.
- Processes donations that come in through mail (i.e., offline).
- Responds to routine inquiries concerning membership and outings events from the general public, members, and volunteers. Routes other calls as appropriate.
- Works closely with staff to assist in the preparation of event materials to include printing and compiling information packets, signs, brochures, etc.
- Coordinates chapter meetings, preparation of agenda and takes minutes as needed. Maintains Chapter calendar.
- Maintains office supplies, equipment and computer systems. Contacts vendors for repairs and maintenance.
- Assists in the recruitment and organizing of volunteers. Works closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to refer interested members to appropriate staff, committees and volunteer leaders.
- Reviews and routes incoming mail. Responds to inquiries as appropriate by sending membership information, environmental issues, chapter schedules and events.
- May conduct routine research on specific issues. May assist in publishing newsletter.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills & Expertise:
- Proficiency with computer programs including the Microsoft Office suite, Google Apps, and constituent management systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with volunteers, members, staff and the general public.
- Committed to equity and justice principles.
The Sierra Club offers competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan. This is a category 8 non-exempt position.
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) organization. Sierra Club does not sponsor H1B visas.
The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet.
*If you are applying for one than one position with us, please attach your job-specific cover letters in the 'Attachments' section.