NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, please submit a cover letter with your application.
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst, Digital Engagement
Department: Digital Strategies
Location: Oakland, CA; Austin, Texas; or Washington D.C.
Reports to: Senior Director, Digital Engagement
Context: The Senior Business Analyst, Digital Engagement is the go-to expert and manages the day-to-day operations of Sierra Club’s suite of digital engagement tools. This role calls for an experienced and successful business analyst with digital marketing, technical and operations expertise to both lead and participate on a variety of cross-functional project teams. This individual will define, maintain and refine scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and constituent management via our digital platforms.
The Business Analyst must be a process-driven systems thinker, have a passion for data, metrics and reporting, and be a creative problem-solver with an eye for operational efficiency and scalability. This is a hands-on role and candidates must demonstrate the ability to operate and excel at the strategic as well as tactical levels, establishing and maintaining relationships with business users and technical stakeholders across the Digital Strategies team in order to support a broad spectrum of business requirements.
- Manage the operations of Sierra Club’s suite of digital engagement tools, including the Digital Engagement team’s use of our CRM (Force.com platform), digital advocacy, fundraising, events, SMS, and other tools.
- Oversee the effective use and development of systems from a business user perspective.
- Develop business processes to ensure optimal performance of our online programs.
- Represent the digital team regarding system requirements and governance issues pertaining to our CRM systems.
- Proactively implement process improvements to ensure we are prepared to meet our future growth ambitions.
- Report on platform usage and metrics.
- Oversee a variety of projects pertaining to data management, testing, integration and other platform and app development.
- Identify project phases and tasks, personnel requirements, and costs.
- Ensure on time delivery of project deliverables.
- Partner with other product owners in the organization to define processes and requirements necessary for functional systems integration across our other platforms, including marketing automation, analytics, CMS, intranet, and several proprietary platforms.
- Partner with the Distributed Organizing Manager to:
- Define requirements for a new distributed organizing system as part of the larger digital toolkit.
- Develop business processes and evaluate product solutions in conjunction with IT.
- Launch, maintain and continue to develop and expand the distributed toolkit.
- Manage the identification, tracking, escalation and resolution of operational, technical and data issues pertaining to online programs.
- Provide internal troubleshooting and communications required to support the platform.
- Monitor staff and supporter feedback.
- Develop functional specifications for ongoing maintenance and system enhancements, including reporting and data requirements.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions to improve system capabilities, performance and value.
- Partner with technical teams (IT, Web Development) to:
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications and review and test resulting technical specifications.
- Maintain and upgrade systems. Coordinate and execute testing of new and existing functionality, including the development and implementation of formal test plans.
- Develop more efficient use of marketing technologies and budget.
- Work with application vendors as needed to prioritize, clarify and escalate bug and feature requests.
- Manage tasks related to purchasing, invoice processing and cost chargebacks.
- Manage CRM training and documentation for the Digital Engagement national team, and support training and documentation for the Local Entity (Chapter) Operational Support team as needed.
- Participate in development of and champion the adoption of enterprise data usage policies and governance processes.
- Maintain a quality digital supporter experience by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Train online teams.
- Create and maintain documentation for platform onboarding and ongoing operational support.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Travel required several times a year depending on location.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 5+ years of professional work experience.
- Advanced user of Salesforce.com.
- Experience as a business analyst or software/cloud product manager.
- Track record of effectively developing and implementing technical requirements and business processes in a large, non-profit setting or an environment of similar complexity.
- Track record of successfully collaborating with others in a dynamic organizational environment.
- Actively works to build authentic relationships with all stakeholders. Supports realizing our goals of equity and justice for staff, supporters, and the broader community.
- Excellent project management skills. Ability to manage numerous concurrent and developing projects.
- Experience working with (or on) marketing, fundraising, or digital teams.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving, and the ability to take advantage of emerging opportunities and trends.
- Hands-on approach and “can do” attitude.
- Consistently delivers a very high level of quality in all aspects of the job.
- Passion for the Sierra Club mission.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining unit and is subject to the terms and conditions of the contract between Sierra Club and Progressive Workers Union or Sierra Employee Alliance, depending on location..
The Sierra Club offers competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan. This is a category 4 exempt position.
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) organization. Sierra Club does not sponsor H1B visas.
The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet.
*If you are applying for one than one position with us, please attach your job-specific cover letters in the 'Attachments' section.