Title: North Star Chapter Engagement Manager
Chapter: North Star Chapter
Reports to: Chapter Director
Context: The Engagement Manager facilitates effective volunteer and donor involvement to strengthen the North Star Chapter’s environmental issue campaigns and programs, by: overseeing key member and donor communications; orienting new volunteers and facilitating their engagement in ongoing work ; and managing strategies and systems for increased donor engagement.
Scope: Works closely with the Chapter Director, other staff and volunteer leaders to strengthen chapter and expand its base of members, volunteers and donors.
- Planning, writing and setup of key digital communications, including e-newsletters and action alerts
- Support for print communications including development of donor updates, strategic coordination of social media and organizing volunteers to contribute or initiate communications projects
- Provide communications support for clean energy campaigns in communities of focus
- Volunteer Engagement
- Promote volunteer opportunities, respond to new inquiries and host orientation sessions
- Support organizing staff to plan and deliver regular training opportunities throughout the year, and recruit volunteer leaders to participate
- Develop / manage strategies for increasing donor engagement, including:
- Large donor data management and cultivation strategies
- Direct mail program
- Special events
- Miscellaneous activities as assigned
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong project management skills, with experience taking projects from start to finish.
- Experience in digital communications/social media, including graphic design and advertising.
- Demonstrated ability and effectiveness working with volunteers.
- Comfort and facility with databases and data management.
- Experience working on grassroots issue campaigns.
- 3-5 years’ experience in communications, volunteer relations, etc.
- B.A. / B.S. Degree or equivalent related work experience.
The Sierra Club offers competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan. This is a category 5 exempt position.
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) organization. Sierra Club does not sponsor H1B visas.
The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet.
*If you are applying for one than one position with us, please attach your job-specific cover letters in the 'Attachments' section.