Knowledge & Skills: Job Title: Temporary Campaign Organizer
Reports To: Chapter Director
Context: The Organizer works within the campaign of a Sierra Club-endorsed candidate to identify and persuade voters to vote for the candidate, to recruit volunteers for the campaign, and to raise turnout among pro-environment voters.
- Acts as lead Sierra Club person on the campaign of one or more endorsed candidates for Georgia General Assembly.
- Recruits, and coordinates Sierra Club members and other pro-environment voters to volunteer on the candidate’s campaign.
- Educate the public about the candidate’s record and positions on environmental issues through media coverage.
- Produce and process mail pieces to targeted voters on behalf of candidate.
- Coordinate with and assist local Sierra Club Group(s) with their campaign efforts. Strengthen local Group capacity by attracting new volunteers.
- At the conclusion of the campaign, finish the project by compiling and delivering lists and other work products to Chapter leaders.
- Supports fundraising activities for the Sierra Club Political Committee, Georgia Chapter, as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- A four year degree or a graduate degree in Environmental Science, Political Science or a related field within the last 12 months.
- Must be willing to knock on doors and make phone calls every workday.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with diverse group, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Proficient computer skills: word processing, spreadsheet, Internet.
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) organization. Sierra Club does not sponsor H1B visas.
The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet.
*If you are applying for more than one position with us, please attach your job-specific cover letters in the 'Attachments' section.