Geodesicx is seeking an Electronics Technician to provide satellite and line-of-sight communications support to the TacMobile program. The technician will be expected to work in a collaborative multi-functional team environment, to design and deliver C4/C5ISR solutions. They must have experience integrating, testing and installing ashore and afloat platforms as defined below;
- High Frequency (HF) Radios and Antennas
- Very High Frequency (VHF) and Ultra High Frequency (UHF) Radios and Antennas
- Super High Frequency (SHF) Radios and Antennas
- Tactical Data Links including Link-11, Link-16, and Tactical Common Data Link (TCDL)
- Type 1 encryption devices
- Satellite Communication (SATCOM)
- Air Defense Systems Integrator (ADSI)
- Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS)
- Video Teleconference (VTC) Systems
- Must have relevant experience in Tactical Data Link (Link 11, JREAP, Link 16, Satellite TDL J) with the following platform assigned equipment: ADSI and MIDS-LVT-1 series
- Must have relevant experience in UHF Satellite Communication (SATCOM), UHF/VHF Line of Sight (LOS), and HF communications
- Must have a good knowledge base in non-Type 1 commercial encryption devices, as well as Type 1 encryption devices and use of Communications Security (COMSEC) keying materials, devices and documentation
- Support the development of detailed design drawings of hardware, layout, and infrastructure of designed systems to include elevation design drawings, cable tray layout drawings, ship alteration drawings, antenna layout drawings, and power circuit diagrams.
- Provide engineering support including developing system engineering plans (SEP), detailed installation plans, installation data packages (IDP), installation drawing packages, and user documents.
- Support the integration of system hardware and software components to ensure total operational and functional compatibility with interfacing/interacting systems, subsystems, equipment, and computer programs.
- Provide support during testing, to include a complete end-to-end test of the systems to be delivered.
- Support installation of systems including hardware and software installation and system acceptance testing.
- Four (4) years of hands-on experience with task specific responsibilities mentioned above. Prior experience working in a TacMobile MTOC or TSCOMM highly desirable.
- Technical training in relevant technical fields.