Build Your Career at WageWorks®
Information Security Analyst (Compliance)
|Secondary Location(s):||Irving, TX|
|# of Openings:||1|
With direction from senior Information Security leadership and using independent judgment and discretion, this position acts as a technical liaison to provide a critical link between the organization’s Information Security systems and internal staff as well as external clients. Primary responsibilities entail oversight of technical security operations; the provision of informational support respective to information security functions; and delivery of technical presentations, training and education.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & WORK SETTING
This position typically performs work in a company office and reports to a senior leader with responsibility for the organization’s Information Security program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NOTE: The essential duties and primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks, responsibilities or competencies may be documented in the incumbent’s performance objectives as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor or manager.
1. As an internal security resource, assists information security leadership with the continual development and refinement of information security policies and associated processes to enforce, monitor, maintain and evaluate the information security systems.
2. Provides critical support to information security programs through the communication of information security policies, programs and processes. Delivers regular technical training sessions and presentations to all staff on topics concerning information security. Tracks training sessions and staff attendance as appropriate.
3. Provides key technical support to drive the pre-sales process respective to information security. This includes responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and similar documents that require technically accurate and clearly communicated information.
4. Provides a technical resource for the Sales team and client services through the effective presentation and demonstration of the Company’s information security architecture and practices at customer sites. This includes participating and assisting with white board presentations, leading architecture overviews and audits, and assisting with product walkthroughs as they relate to information security or technical architecture. Presentations may be delivered to live audiences or via web conferences. On an ongoing basis, promotes open communications with staff to support the enforcement of policies and maintain an auditable working environment.
5. Maintains a level of technical proficiency and currency within the information security field by participating with and maintaining memberships with professional work groups, attending trainings, seminars, or other technical-related conferences or seminars; interfacing with piers; or reading trade periodicals or journals.
MARGINAL DUTIES & ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
1. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the eight Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
Clients and Participants Come First: Exceeding client and participant expectations is our highest priority
Integrity: We are open, honest, ethical and conscientious
Passion: A will to win and a relentless drive for excellence
Accountability: Deliver on commitments and take ownership for solving problems and creating solutions
Leadership and Influence: Our actions inspire vision and clarity of purpose
Continuous Improvement and Innovation: We embrace change and drive new ideas into business solutions
Dignity and Respect: We value the diversity of our people, encourage their development and reward their performance
Creating Value for Shareholders: Deliver consistent growth and premium returns
NOTE: WageWorks leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered and results oriented manner with a focus on customer service.
No formal supervisory responsibility entailed.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of computer science and/or information technology as normally obtained through a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Computer Science or a closely related field of study.
A Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) designation is preferred.
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
The knowledge, skill and ability to provide information security systems resources and support as described as normally obtained through a minimum of 5 years experience in information technology that includes a minimum of 1 - 2 years information security administration experience. Experience is an ASP environment is preferred.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Strong working knowledge of information security practices in an ASP environment and a strong technical knowledge of networked information services and infrastructure components is required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required to assist in the development of information security policies and programs, relay technical information to non-technical stakeholders and respond to RFPs as described. Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills are required to support sales and clients services as described. Incumbents must have the ability and skill to effectively present technical information to audiences as described.
Must be proficient in using business and communications software (preferably Word, Excel, PowerPoint, common Windows operating systems, and Outlook). Must have an extensive working knowledge and understanding of PCs and various software applications, especially those involving information security activities including but not limited to Firewall, VPN and Wireless Security technologies; host and network based Intrusion Detection and Prevention systems; Encryption technologies DES, 3DES, AES, RSA; Unix/Linux, Windows 2000, 2003; and Active Directory, LDAP.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
Regular travel to field offices and client sites is required. Trips may span 2-5 days and are determined by business needs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS & DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & DEMANDS
Work requires normal range of hearing and eyesight. Incumbent must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment and operate a keyboard and other office equipment. The ability to perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day and function in an environment with constant interruptions is required. At times, incumbents are subject to sitting for prolonged periods. Infrequently, incumbent must be able to lift and move material weighing up to 20 lbs. At times, this position may entail considerable levels of stress.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results