Build Your Career at WageWorks®
Key Acct Exec- Mid Market
|Secondary Location(s):||New York, NY|
|# of Openings:||1|
Key Account Executive
With directives from executive or senior sales leadership, this position exercises significant latitude for independent judgment and discretion for selling WageWorks products and services while meeting or exceeding sales and profitability targets. This is an outsides sales role responsible for identifying, prospecting and developing executive level relationships with new clients and key business partners of regional, national or strategic significance to increase revenue. This position is responsible to understand customers’ needs and sell value by leveraging WageWorks’ unique capabilities.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & WORK SETTING
This position may reside in a Company location or remotely and typically reports to the Regional Vice President of Sales or a senior leader with focused responsibility for achieving sales objectives. The nature of the work entails that incumbents collaborate with solutions consultants and internal WageWorks’ departments to respond to prospect requests for proposal or information and support new customer implementations.
LOCATION: REMOTE: Prefer Candidate to reside in state of New York or who has easy daily access to NYC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NOTE: The essential duties and primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks, responsibilities or competencies may be documented in the incumbent’s performance objectives as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor or manager.
1. With goals and objectives set by senior sales leadership, this position is responsible for formulating, planning and executing a sales plan for the assigned sales territory and/or market segment of regional, national or strategic significance. This includes developing and carrying out sales activities to successfully meet or exceed sales targets.
2. Meets with prospects and uses consultative selling to determine customer needs. Creates excitement about WageWorks’ products and services and sells value by leveraging WageWorks’ unique capabilities.
3. Partners with Solutions Consultants to present product demonstrations highlighting how WageWorks products and services can best meet their requirements. This entails the ability to clearly articulate the benefits of WageWorks’ solutions and vision to all levels, including lone of business managers and “C” level executives.
4. Develops a continual pipeline for new business and cultivates relationships with existing and prospective clients.
5. Follows sales team’s policies and processes, and utilizes prescribed templates and tools. Tracks critical account, sales and pipeline data utilizing the internal sales force automation system.
6. Provides regular reports of individual progress vis a vis sales objectives to sales leadership. Meets or exceeds required activity metrics, via phone calls, appointments, demos and other communications with prospects.
7. Promotes and supports relationships and communication channels with field sales and channel management to ensure appropriate territory coverage to support achievement of sales goals.
8. Collaborates with internal departments to provide support during customer implementations, ensures customer questions are answered, and issues are resolved.
9. Collects and maintains a database of prospect, client, broker and business partner opinions about WageWorks products, solutions and service provided.
10. Serves as a point person for less experienced Account Executives to lend expertise and provide sales advice based on experience and specialized WageWorks knowledge. May assist less experienced Account Executives with their approach to prospect meetings and product demonstrations.
MARGINAL DUTIES & ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
1. Generates new sales opportunities by organizing or participating in customer workshops, vendor/trade shows and symposiums to promote WageWorks products and services.
2. May assist with or perform other sales activities as requested by WageWorks’ sales leadership.
3. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
NOTE: WageWorks leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered and results oriented manner with a focus on customer service.
No formal supervisory responsibility entailed, although this position may serve as a resource for other employees.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the eight Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
Clients and Participants Come First: Exceeding client and participant expectations is our highest priority
Integrity: We are open, honest, ethical and conscientious
Passion: A will to win and a relentless drive for excellence
Accountability: Deliver on commitments and take ownership for solving problems and creating solutions
Leadership and Influence: Our actions inspire vision and clarity of purpose
Continuous Improvement and Innovation: We embrace change and drive new ideas into business solutions
Dignity and Respect: We value the diversity of our people, encourage their development and reward their performance
Creating Value for Shareholders: Deliver consistent growth and premium returns
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
A thorough knowledge and understanding of business, sales, marketing or similar vocations generally obtained through the completion of a four year bachelor’s degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education.
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
The ability to effectively plan, manage and achieve sales goals in an outside sales environment as described. This position requires at least 7 or more years of outside sales experience meeting/exceeding sales targets with extremely strong closing skills. The ability and skill to effectively present to “C” level decision makers is required. Knowledge of business organizational structures and buying influences is critical for success.
Requires working knowledge of sales planning and goal setting, successful strategic and consultative selling techniques, and related information. Requires strong prospecting, qualifying, closing and time management skills. Requires experience introducing/selling new technology-based, high value services to small, medium, or large domestic companies. Incumbents must aggressively pursue sales targets and have a track record of achieving sales goals.
Requires strong analytical and strategic skills with proven ability to develop processes and procedures to track and maximize sales revenues.
Experience working for a consulting, software, financial services, benefits or business solutions company is strongly preferred.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Excellent organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required to perform the functions as described. Incumbents must have the ability to navigate political arenas with ease as well as persuade, influence and sell change effectively while projecting a professional image. The ability to foster strong relationships with customers and work cross-functionally other internal departments is required. The ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical prospects and promote and sell solutions to decision makers is essential.
Excellent negotiation skills are essential.
Familiarity with sales force automation tracking systems is required.
Prefer knowledge of WageWorks’ products, programs, and services.
A high level of proficiency with business and communications software (preferably Word, Excel, PowerPoint, common Windows operating systems, and Outlook) is required. Additionally, understanding of contact management tools is required.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
Moderate 25-50% overnight travel and travel spanning 2-5 days to customer, client and company facilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS & DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. This position frequently has exposure to outdoor weather due to travel.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & DEMANDS
Must have the ability to sit for prolonged periods of time. Some bending, stooping and stretching are required. Work requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Work requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. On occasion, incumbent must be able to lift and/or move weight, such as a briefcase, package or box that weighs up to 10 pounds.
Incumbent should be able to perform work at a computer terminal and travel on public or in personal transportation vehicles for extended periods in a day and function in an environment with constant interruptions. Incumbent is subject to high and frequent levels of stress, as this position is accountable for strategic goals and operations for a designated sales team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results