Build Your Career at WageWorks®
Sr Financial Analyst
|Location:||San Mateo, CA|
|# of Openings:||1|
Sr. Financial Analyst
With minimal direction and review of completed work, this position performs complex financial analyses to provide support to senior Company leadership with financial planning, forensic financial analysis, identification of productivity initiatives and financial/operational reporting.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & WORK SETTING
This position performs work in a centralized, corporate environment and supports multiple geographically diverse locations. This position reports to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis or a manager or director with overarching financial analysis and planning responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NOTE: The essential duties and primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks, responsibilities or competencies may be documented in the incumbent’s performance objectives as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor or manager.
1. Performs complex financial modeling and projections that includes but is not limited to return-on-investment and cost-benefit analysis. Assembles reports, spreadsheets, charts, graphs and/or narratives to illustrate technical results and reports.
2. Drives productivity initiatives through the identification of new programs and the development of appropriate reporting and tracking measures.
3. Identifies cost containment and cost control initiatives to ensure that the business is run in a cost-effective manner.
4. Proposes corrective actions to operations leadership when analytics identify negative variances.
5. Develops and performs complex ad hoc analysis to support new processes, policies and value added services initiatives and processes.
6. Provides support and assistance in the establishment of performance targets (Key Performance indicators) for a Balanced Business Scorecard. Reports performance and facilitates deployment to all employees and business units.
7. Participates in planning and forecasting requirements. This includes setting targets during the annual budget cycle, performing quarterly forecasts and participating in strategic reviews.
MARGINAL DUTIES & ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
1. Assists senior financial and accounting leadership with special projects as required or assigned.
2. May provide support to other departments as requested, such as preparing product line profitability analysis and/or analyzing options for improvement on expenses.
3. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
NOTE: WageWorks leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered and results oriented manner with a focus on customer service.
No formal direct supervisory responsibility entailed although this position may provide incidental direction or act as a resource for less experienced finance or accounting staff.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the eight Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
Clients and Participants Come First: Exceeding client and participant expectations is our highest priority
Integrity: We are open, honest, ethical and conscientious
Passion: A will to win and a relentless drive for excellence
Accountability: Deliver on commitments and take ownership for solving problems and creating solutions
Leadership and Influence: Our actions inspire vision and clarity of purpose
Continuous Improvement and Innovation: We embrace change and drive new ideas into business solutions
Dignity and Respect: We value the diversity of our people, encourage their development and reward their performance
Creating Value for Shareholders: Deliver consistent growth and premium returns
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
A thorough knowledge and understanding of finance and accounting as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
As described, the ability to effectively perform complex financial analyses and special projects with little direction and supervision as normally obtained through at least five – seven years of professional level finance and/or accounting experience with progressively responsible and complex financial analysis experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Excellent technical knowledge of budgeting, cash management and financial analysis processes, procedures and functions is required to perform the essential functions.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to relay technical financial and accounting information to non-technical people and act as a resource for less experienced staff, as appropriate.
Incumbents should have the ability to work with managers through the organization in analyzing financial situations. Excellent attention to detail and the ability to remain organized and focused is essential. Incumbents should have the ability to work independently on projects with minimal direction and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
Strong analytical skills are required as is the ability to research issues, evaluate issues and recommend viable solutions.
Incumbents must have proficient skills and abilities with a personal computer and have a solid knowledge, understanding and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with Excel, Access and Word. Additionally, Great Plains Dynamics, Oracle 11i financials, or other accounting or business management software experience is strongly preferred.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
On a minimal basis, travel is required as determined by business needs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS & DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & DEMANDS
This position entails a high level of work performed at a computer terminal throughout the day as well as the regular use of a telephone or headset equipment. On a regular basis, incumbent performs repetitive motions at a computer terminal and is subject to prolonged sitting. Eye hand coordination is required to operate office equipment. Frequently, incumbents must have the ability to lift, carry and/or move objects weighing up to 10 lbs. Very seldom are incumbents required to lift, carry and/or move objects weighing over 25 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results