Build Your Career at WageWorks®
User Acct Admin
|Secondary Location(s):||San Mateo, CA|
|# of Openings:||1|
User Account Administrator
With general supervision, this position is responsible to create and terminate user accounts according to HR and IT policies, standard protocols and established security controls. In addition, this position develops and maintains documentation of account administration procedures.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & WORK SETTING
This position may perform work at a field location or the central headquarters. This position normally reports to a manager or director level with responsibility for company-wide desktop support and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NOTE: The essential duties and primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks, responsibilities or competencies may be documented in the incumbent’s performance objectives as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor or manager.
1. With authorization, creates and terminates user accounts in accordance with Company policies and established security controls. Manages user accounts and access permissions and applications by reviewing user IDs or access requests to determine if they are accurate, complete, approved and appropriate. Responsible for administration of Exchange accounts via Active Directory, including distribution lists, contacts, security groups, user accounts and password settings.
2. Receives and responds to user account requests and problems in a customer service oriented manner. Promptly acknowledges, prioritizes, tracks and documents user account requests and problems. Troubleshoots problems related to account set up or security rights. Notifies customers of the status of issues as appropriate.
3. Ensures timely removal or modification of access due to termination alerts, emergency requests and change requests.
4. Implements and maintains a centralized tracking database of user access to all devices, networks and/or applications. Monitors logs for unauthorized access.
5. Conducts monthly audits of accounts and access by performing online research and producing reports of users with access to specific systems or resources, including accounts created and terminated. Provides updated user listings for review or as requested by management or Data Owners.
6. Develops and documents procedures and processes for the creation and termination of user accounts. This entails consulting with process owners to ensure specifications are clear and accurate.
7. Regularly reviews protection mechanisms for potential security breaches or concerns. Helps to mitigate risks by recommending and implementing improvements where appropriate.
MARGINAL DUTIES & ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
1. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
No formal supervisory responsibility entailed.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the eight Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
Clients and Participants Come First: Exceeding client and participant expectations is our highest priority
Integrity: We are open, honest, ethical and conscientious
Passion: A will to win and a relentless drive for excellence
Accountability: Deliver on commitments and take ownership for solving problems and creating solutions
Leadership and Influence: Our actions inspire vision and clarity of purpose
Continuous Improvement and Innovation: We embrace change and drive new ideas into business solutions
Dignity and Respect: We value the diversity of our people, encourage their development and reward their performance
Creating Value for Shareholders: Deliver consistent growth and premium returns
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge and understanding of business and technology as normally obtained through the completion of an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or a related field.
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
The ability to provide user account management support and assistance as described as normally obtained through 0 - 3 years experience providing support with Active Directory and Exchange administration. Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
Prefer experience or training in computer security, audit or computer account/access management. Prefer a basic understanding user access administration and the ability to learn and become proficient in technologies and their related security procedures quickly. Prefer experience with application integration with Active, a helpdesk ticketing system, and centralized account management tools (Identity Management).
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Good communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required. The ability to present a professional image as well as interact and collaborate effectively with team members, technical staff, vendors and internal customers as described is required. A strong customer service orientation is essential.
Incumbents must have a strong attention for detail and be able to organize and manage user account information as described. Good organizational and time management skills are required as is the ability to prioritize and multitask under pressure and project deadlines. Requires the ability to take initiative to accomplish position objectives and tasks while working independently.
Incumbents must have proficient skills with a personal computer and a very good knowledge and understanding with all Microsoft Office programs, specifically with Word and Excel. Experience with web-based applications is also strongly preferred.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
Travel is typically not required for this position but may be requested to attend technical conferences or team meetings.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS & DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & DEMANDS
Incumbent must have the ability to stand, sit, stoop, bend and reach to perform work on desktop applications as described. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. Incumbent must be able to lift and move material weighing up to 20 lbs., and function in an environment with constant interruptions. The nature of this job requires considerable walking as well as exposure to electricity and electronic equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results