Build Your Career at WageWorks®
|# of Openings:||1|
With general supervision, this position acts as a resource for employees providing desktop and basic network support and assistance in conformance with WageWorks procedures and guidelines.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & WORK SETTING
This position may perform work at a field location or the central headquarters. This position normally reports to a manager or director level with responsibility for company-wide desktop support and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NOTE: The essential duties and primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks, responsibilities or competencies may be documented in the incumbent’s performance objectives as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor or manager.
1. Troubleshoots computer hardware and software including but not limited to desktops, laptops, Microsoft Windows software.
2. Troubleshoots server/client applications and basic TCP/IP communications problems. May prepare status report and update management accordingly.
3. Analyses desktop, laptop and systems performance indicators to ensure system(s) are operating efficiently.
4. Configures, documents, upgrades, repairs and/or decommissions desktop and laptop computer hardware following standard operating practices.
5. Receives and responds to service requests and problems in a customer service oriented manner. Promptly acknowledges, prioritizes, tracks and documents service requests and problems. Notifies customers of the status of issues as appropriate.
6. Performs desktop computer customer requirements/needs analysis and coordinates and oversees the implementation and usage of various computer tools. Educates customers in a respectful and considerate manner, developing and maintaining relationships with customers.
7. Performs inventory of installed desktop hardware and software components to ensure that records are accurate and updated.
8. Maintains media presentation equipment and coordinates and assists end users with conference room equipment setup/disassembly as necessary.
9. Procures, tracks and maintains company software, purchase records and usage to ensure licensing compliance. Maintains IT software license database and audits installed computer base to verify the accuracy of license database records. Ensures software media and site licenses are secured within the information systems department.
10. Relocates and sets up desktop computer devices and phones. This includes moving data and voice lines within patch panels in communications closets.
MARGINAL DUTIES & ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
1. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
No formal supervisory responsibility entailed.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the eight Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
Clients and Participants Come First: Exceeding client and participant expectations is our highest priority
Integrity: We are open, honest, ethical and conscientious
Passion: A will to win and a relentless drive for excellence
Accountability: Deliver on commitments and take ownership for solving problems and creating solutions
Leadership and Influence: Our actions inspire vision and clarity of purpose
Continuous Improvement and Innovation: We embrace change and drive new ideas into business solutions
Dignity and Respect: We value the diversity of our people, encourage their development and reward their performance
Creating Value for Shareholders: Deliver consistent growth and premium returns
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of computer science or a closely related field as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field. An MCSE certification is preferred.
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
The ability to provide desktop and basic LAN support and assistance as described as normally obtained through 2 – 4 years experience providing support in the following areas: desktop, server, network, Microsoft applications, systems and phone maintenance and experience with Active Directory and Exchange administration.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Good communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required. The ability to interact and collaborate effectively with team members, technical staff, vendors and internal customers as described is required. A strong customer service orientation is essential.
Incumbents must have a good attention for detail and be able to organize and manage license records and information as described. Good organizational and time management skills are required as is the ability to perform work with little direction and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
A strong proficiency with business and communications software is required. Additionally, a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the following operating systems, software packages and programs are required: MS windows NT/2000/2003/XP, MS Office XP/2003 Suite, MS Exchange administration, Veritas Backup Exec, Lenovo desktops and laptops, Symantec AntiVirus, Hubs, Switches, LAN, WAN, Norton Ghost, Active Directory, GoodLink, DNS, DHCP, IIS, disk encryption software, Cisco VPN Client, Network connectivity troubleshooting
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
Travel is typically not required for this position but may be requested to attend technical conferences or team meetings.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS & DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & DEMANDS
Incumbent must have the ability to stand, sit, stoop, bend and reach to perform work on desktop applications as described. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. Incumbent must be able to lift and move material weighing up to 20 lbs., and function in an environment with constant interruptions. The nature of this job requires considerable walking as well as exposure to electricity and electronic equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results