Check out the following fantastic career opportunity!
Director, Claims Operations
OVERVIEW AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
With targets established by executive and senior division leadership, this position is responsible for the overall direction and daily operational functions for Claims Operations. This includes planning, developing and directing all aspects of the organization’s claim programs as well as the establishment, implementation and maintenance of service standards. Ensures that claim handling expectations and service levels are met for multiple, geographically diverse centers.
OTHER REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
- Provides direction to Claim Operations management team, establishing major functional roles, courses of action and tactical programs that are aligned with strategic long-term division objectives and directly related to the core values of the business. Provides leadership in the definition and establishment of standards, internal control mechanisms, key performance measures and standard operating procedures across multiple platforms. Represents and communicates this approach to management and staff.
- Directs and oversees the initial and ongoing evaluation of customer needs and establishment of processes and procedures related to daily Claims Service Administration. Ensures overall customer satisfaction by supporting and/or promoting continuous improvement of account management, administrative processes, client set-up, ongoing administration, and claims services. This includes providing support to the sales team in client presentations, site visits, proposals and projects.
- Sets tactical and long-term goals for each team, aligning objectives with targets established by the division’s executive leadership team. Develops metrics related to key business drivers to measure performance and then monitors, assesses and evaluates performance. Takes action to change the course of direction, including recommending and/or approving changes in plans. Reports progress and performance to leadership as appropriate and provides feedback to team members on results.
- Regularly reviews the progress and quality level of service operations. Ensures that questions are addressed, decisions have been acted upon and problems have been resolved. Directs meetings where necessary to address escalated issues and resolve problems.
- Handles and oversees administrative matters concerning the service organization, including preparing and submitting assigned claims budgets for approval. This position is also responsible for monitoring and controlling budget performance and taking action to implement cost saving strategies where available.
- Determines areas of cost reduction and program improvement where appropriate and modifies strategies, organization of resources and business plans where necessary. This position has full cost center accountability and specific responsibility for margin targets as assigned.
- Initiates and approves human resource planning, selection and resource allocation activities that support the Claims teams’ productivity and effectiveness. This includes ongoing responsibility for personnel actions, including hiring and scheduling employees; training and evaluating employees; coaching, counseling and managing performance; and making salary, merit or other pay increase recommendations. Makes recommendations and/or takes corrective action to manage performance as appropriate.
- Works cooperatively with other WageWorks departments to coordinate and integrate resources where appropriate to ensure orchestrated efforts are effective and reflect the Company’s strategy. Provides leadership by partnering with other Company leaders to establish efficiencies and continuity between claims functions and other organizational divisions.
- Advises Company executives, directors and managers to report on the service organization’s strategies, activities and results as well as providing guidance and sharing information as required by other organizational units to achieve their objectives.
- Maintains a level of currency in claims operations as well as the HR services industry by participating with and maintaining memberships with professional work groups; attending trainings, seminars, and other business-related conferences; and interfacing with peers.
- An awareness of trends and the general direction entailed in the HR services industry and the ability to consider those present and future relationships to the organization are critical. A good understanding of WageWorks’ business operations, products, technologies, selling strategies and internal business processes is required to perform the essential functions as described.
- Incumbents must possess a strong process-orientation to build and maintain systemic and sustainable business and technical processes in support of customer requirements.
- Excellent negotiation, leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required to perform the functions as described. Incumbents must have the ability to navigate political arenas with ease as well as persuade and negotiate with others while projecting a professional image.
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to remain highly organized, professional and focused is essential. Excellent planning, time management, decision-making and organizational skills are required. Incumbents must be able to employ good analytical skills to develop and implement actionable work plans to meet organizational needs.
- A demonstrated ability to resolve complex process/systems issues through the identification and analysis of problems from root cause to strategy development and execution is necessary. Incumbents must have the ability to implement and manage comprehensive policies, programs and initiatives as described.
- Good management skills are essential. The ability to foster cooperation with a wide variety of partners (internal and external) is required to perform the functions as described. A demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across functional areas is essential. Incumbents must also be able to work well in team environment and through others to accomplish common goals. The ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and at all organizational levels is also required.
Knowledge of finance and/or business administration as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance or a closely related field.
Build Your Career at WageWorks!
WageWorks enables millions of people to save money on critical expenses like healthcare, dependent care, and commuting, through Consumer-Directed Benefits, such as Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) and Commuter Benefits. WageWorks is a leader in the industry serving more than 6.5 million people for over 100,000 employers, including 63% of the Fortune 500 and numerous public sector clients.
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the six Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
Customer-Centric: Our Customer comes first. We aim to serve our Clients and their employees, our brokers and partners, as well as our internal customers.
Caring: People are at the heart of our company. We care about people: our Clients, our Clients’ employees and their families, our partners, and local communities, and our fellow employees at WageWorks.
Passionate: We love what we do and are passionate about delivering Consumer-Directed Benefits that save people money and enrich their lives.
Accountable: We are dedicated to making our team and the company succeed, and we are open, honest, ethical and conscientious, as we deliver on our commitments.
Leading: Our actions inspire new ideas and drive change each and every day.
Respectful: We value the diversity of our people, treat them with dignity and respect, encourage their development and reward their performance.
Why Work for WageWorks?
If you're looking for a career that provides plenty of growth opportunities, responsibility, and interesting challenges to tackle, you will find it here.
If you want to join a fast-moving, high-growth, exciting company that's a market leader, you’re looking in the right place.
But mostly, if you want to help people live happier, healthier, and more productive lives, then you’ll want to work for WageWorks.
WageWorks provides equal employment opportunity without regard to pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition, veteran or military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
Employment will require successful completion of a background check.
Equal Opportunity for Disabled Veterans, Recently Separated Veterans, Other Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans.
Drug free workplace.