Build Your Career at WageWorks®
|# of Openings:||1|
With general supervision and some review of work in progress, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of multi-state payroll for the organization which includes accurate and timely data entry, recordkeeping, reporting, and payroll system administration. This position also provides accounting and project management support to the finance department.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & WORK SETTING
This position typically performs work in a centralized, corporate environment and supports multiple Company sites in various locations. This position reports to the Payroll Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NOTE: The essential duties and primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks, responsibilities or competencies may be documented in the incumbent’s performance objectives as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor or manager.
1. Prepares, distributes and reports the Company’s payroll including but not limited to the calculation of wages, overtime, benefit deductions and other deductions to ensure compliance with federal and applicable state laws. Performs work in such a manner to ensure that payments are accurate and timely.
2. Run interface with the time keeping system and review system reports for completeness and accuracy. Contact supervisors for any timecard corrections or approvals.
3. Prepares or directs the accurate and timely preparation and distribution of various reports. This includes but is not limited to providing leadership with status reports and other information to forecast payroll, cash needs and benefits requirements. This also includes providing timely and accurate information for mandatory government reports.
4. On an ongoing basis, reviews employee data reports, including master file, YTD totals, and file amendments for complete and consistent information. Collaborates with the HR department to address and resolve red flags where the accuracy of information is questionable.
5. Enters payroll journal entries and performs account reconciliations ensuring that information is processed in a timely and accurate manner and as per the close schedule.
6. Responds to employees’ and managers’ payroll and timecard related questions and inquiries in a manner that supports the organization’s culture of open communications and drive for excellence in customer service.
7. Perform various administrative tasks such as copying, filing, faxing, data entry, report production, and mailing of paychecks
MARGINAL DUTIES & ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
1. May collaborate with others to respond to audit inquiries and provide necessary information as requested or apparent.
2. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the eight Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
Clients and Participants Come First: Exceeding client and participant expectations is our highest priority
Integrity: We are open, honest, ethical and conscientious
Passion: A will to win and a relentless drive for excellence
Accountability: Deliver on commitments and take ownership for solving problems and creating solutions
Leadership and Influence: Our actions inspire vision and clarity of purpose
Continuous Improvement and Innovation: We embrace change and drive new ideas into business solutions
Dignity and Respect: We value the diversity of our people, encourage their development and reward their performance
Creating Value for Shareholders: Deliver consistent growth and premium returns
NOTE: WageWorks leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered and results oriented manner with a focus on customer service.
Matrixed supervisory responsibility includes the direction and follow-through for adherence to payroll administration initiatives, policies and courses of actions.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
A proficient knowledge and understanding of accounting and finance as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or a related major.
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
The ability to prepare and process multi-state payroll, commissions and bonuses for all corporate and field personnel in accordance with Company policies and federal and state laws, normally obtained with two to five years of payroll processing experience. Experience in a fast growth environment is a plus.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
A thorough knowledge of payroll administration is required to perform the essential functions. Incumbents must be familiar with the regulatory environment entailed with payroll administration as well as ethical practices and procedures. Must understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
Incumbents should be able to deal with external stakeholders and internal employees with whom this position interfaces in a friendly, courteous, timely and professional manner. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Incumbents must have the ability to foster collaboration across departments and display a “team player” attitude.
A strong attention to detail and the ability to remain highly organized and focused is essential. Incumbents must be able and willing to perform work at every level to manage payroll. Additionally, the ability to perform work on multiple projects and tasks with minimal direction is essential. Flexibility to respond to change and perform work in a fast-paced environment is also necessary.
Incumbents must be proficient with a personal computer and have a solid knowledge, understanding and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) and ADP Payroll, including ad-hoc report writing. Specifically, incumbents must have advanced skills working with databases and spreadsheets to be able to produce information that is actionable and timely.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
Travel is generally not required for this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS & DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & DEMANDS
This position entails a high level of work performed at a computer terminal throughout the day as well as the regular use of a telephone or headset equipment. On a regular basis, incumbent frequently performs repetitive motions at a computer terminal and is subject to prolonged sitting. Occasionally, eye hand coordination is required to operate office equipment.
As this position manages the payroll administration function in which timelines are critical, incumbents may periodically experience elevated levels of stress. At times, long hours may be necessary to meet performance objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results