Looking for professional, passionate, flexible and motivated candidates to work in the Aquatics department. As a Swim Coach, will assist in instruction and coaching of the swim team in accordance with the YMCA of San Diego County and/or USA Swimming standards.Individuals selected for this position will receive the benefit of a free family membership and have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What a Swim Coach Does…
- Prepare swim team area for workout.
- Conduct appropriate stretching and warm-up/cool-down activities.
- Maintain safety and discipline during workouts and meets.
- Schedule and host team swim meets.
- Respond to the individual needs of participants.
- Assist in providing a variety of demonstration, explanation, and practice and skill correction during each workout.
- Assist in effective communication with athletes and parents in a friendly manner and providing appropriate encouragement.
- Model the values and mission of the YMCA at all times.
- Attend staff and aquatics’ trainings.
What We Look for in a Swim Coach…
- Minimum age of 18 years of age
- One (1) year coaching experience required
- Two (2) years experience competitive swimming
- Current CPR PRO/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Current First Aid certification and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- Principles of Competitive Swimming & Diving within 30 days.
- YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard certification (will be required if supervising off-site events)
- YMCA or WSI Swim Lesson certification
- Safety training for Swim Coaches
- YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor (YSL) Certification
- Familiarity with Meet Manager and Team Manager software