Quality Assurance Inspector / Park Monitor (Official Job Title: Parks & Recreation Specialist): ***This is a PART-TIME, 20 hours per week position, therefore no medical and/or dental benefits provided Under general direction of the Deputy Director of Operations, opens, closes and inspects parks, preserves, beaches, facilities, amenities, uses and occupancies to ensure an appropriate level of compliance to safety and maintenance standards and adherence to department guidelines and standards.
Subject to Passing Substance Screening
This position is subject to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who fails to pass a required drug-screening test shall be disqualified from employment in any class for a period of five years.
Supports the daily operations of Quality Assurance Team performing the following functions in a support role:
• Closes parks as assigned.
• Routine inspection of parks for programmed uses as assigned.
• Responds to customer inquiries through dispatch and call center outside of normal business hours.
• Responds to inquiries, request for assistance and citizen complaints involving amenity, facility or maintenance related issues; investigates complaints.
• Provides remedies through utilization of assigned personnel on call to remedy customer concerns.
• Promotes safe and clean parks, preserves, beaches, facilities and amenities and performs daily inspections of PRNR facilities as assigned.
• Identifies obvious maintenance deficiencies and safety hazards with department guidelines and standards.
• Prepares routine reports, correspondence, submits daily inspection reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Prepares and submits general administrative work as necessary, including preparing reports and correspondence, maintaining records of quality inspections and follow through.
• Resolves problems/situations.
• May be assigned specific studies/projects related to park maintenance and operational standards, alternate approaches, materials and practices to improve life-cycle and/or reduce maintenance costs.
Minimum Qualifications: A High School Diploma or its equivalent and two (2) years of customer service experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Depending on assigned areas, may prefer certification as a Master Naturalist, NRPA certification, playground certification, or other certification related to assigned quality team of Quality Assurance and Inspections.
Proactive approach to issues
Organize own work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines and follow-up on assignments with a minimum direction
Knowledge of principles, methods and practices of managing parks, infrastructure, facilities and amenities
Intermediate computer skills related to areas of assignment, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database applications, GIS and other specialized software
Understanding of standard office practices and procedures, including automated records management
High degree of interpersonal skills for dealing with challenging and/or difficult people and resolving problems tactfully and effectively
Possess and/or acquire a thorough knowledge of Department and County policies and working knowledge of applicable City policies of parks managed through Interlocal Agreements
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
Keep accurate and organized records
Exercise a high degree of interpersonal skills in dealing with a variety of managers and support staff
Driving a variety of vehicles safely
Intermediate skill with office related computers, copiers, possess software knowledge or ability to acquire- Outlook, RECTRAC, GIS, MAXIMO, OnBase and other systems
Intermediate computer skills including MS Office, electronic filing systems, reservation software systems
Excellent customer service and written/verbal communication skills
Physical Demands: Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Sarasota County Government is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco free for twelve months preceding date of application.
Drug Free Work Environment EOE/AA/ADA