Technical Specialist II (Working Title: Utilities Asset Coordinator): This is professional project management work with responsibilities and activities including the prioritization of repair and replacement work; condition evaluation of utility assets; preparation of utility repair and replacement project design and construction; internal designs; permitting; cost estimating; minor hydraulic modeling; and coordination with multiple internal departments.
Planning and Prioritization:
- Apply existing methodology and processes for prioritization of utility infrastructure evaluation on collected asset data
- Develop methodology for evaluation and prioritization of utility systems and evaluate current assets
- Coordinate asset collection with survey crews and updates to the asset database with GIS staff
- Review Preliminary Design Reports and CCTV videos to determine cost effective maintenance or rehabilitation processes
- Develop scope of work for pipe lining and asset rehabilitation work assignments
Design and Construction:
- Develop scope of services for professional engineering if infrastructure replacement is required
- Verify proposed repair and replacement methods are consistent with current management desire and methodology
- Identify options for resolving utility issues
- Utility project design including minor hydraulic modeling and rehabilitation techniques
- Develop initial and revised cost estimates
- Secure applicable permits for utility design project
- Coordination of utility project construction
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Technical or related field; a minimum of four (4) years of related Engineering project experience. Project experience can substitute for education on a year-for-year basis depending on the type of experience.
Preferred Qualifications: A Master's Degree may substitute for one year of the required experience. Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Florida or ability to secure within six (6) months. PACP / MACP certification.
Job Competencies: Knowledge of ArcGIS; principles of asset management; planning and organizational skills; strong communication and coordination with others.
Physical Demands: Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Sarasota County Government is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco free for twelve months preceding date of application.
Drug Free Work Environment EOE/AA/ADA