Facilities Division Manager (Official Job Title: Manager III): This is professional, managerial type work directing all activities of the Facilities Maintenance Division to include planning, budgeting, staffing, scheduling and overall operations for all County facilities.
Subject to Passing Substance Screening
This position is subject to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who fails to pass a required drug-screening test shall be disqualified from employment in any class for a period of five years.
- Oversees the planning, scheduling, designing, budgeting and implementing of operations and maintenance of County buildings including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, life safety, facility rules, custodial care and other facility service types.
- Develops and implements the Division’s strategic business plans, goals and objectives, budget and staffing plans.
- Provides financial oversight for the division; approves purchase requisitions and payments for services and materials; provides oversight of procurement of goods and services for the Division; ensures all Procurement Policies are followed; ensures costs are monitored and controlled.
- In conjunction with County Attorney and Office of Financial Management, manages the development of service and maintenance contracts, negotiates contracts; ensures compliance with Federal, State and local laws.
- Provides oversight of special projects; prepares and presents reports and information related to County facility maintenance and project updates.
- Performs quality control inspections of staff’s work/contractor’s work at various buildings; proactive in addressing customer issues/concerns and needs.
- Supervises technical and administrative staff; evaluates and conducts employee performance reviews; coaches, counsels and mentors staff; trains and develops staff; partners with HR on employee relations issues and disciplinary actions.
- Directs County’s ADA program and ensures compliance with established Federal guidelines and schedules within Facilities structures.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Building Construction or Facility Management and six (6) years of experience in Facility Management with increasing levels of responsibility OR a Master's Degree with four (4) or more years of experience in Facility Management with increasing levels of responsibility. Supervisory experience is required. May consider substituting years of experience for the four (4) year degree.
Preferred Qualification: Advanced professional certification highly desirable. Experience in local government or reporting to a government board preferred.
Job Competencies: Extensive knowledge in Facility Management with significant management experience within Facilities; ability to handle complex and difficult assignments/issues; ability to lead, train, develop, coach and mentor staff; ability to think and plan strategically; ability to collaborate and build positive partnerships with managers, directors and administrative staff; ability to successfully implement change; ability to provide a high level of customer service. Must understand maintenance key performance indicators and possess ability to chart division strategic direction. Exposure to project management and contract management is necessary.
Sarasota County Government is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco free for twelve months preceding date of application.
Drug Free Work Environment EOE/AA/ADA