Bus Attendant: This position is routine service work which includes: cleaning, washing, fueling, checking and topping off coolant/oil/power steering/transmission/windshield washer fluids, maintaining fuel and fluids usage records and driving buses. Probe farebox daily and dump farebox cash box.
**Subject to Passing Substance Screening: This position is subject to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who fails to pass a required drug screening test shall be disqualified from employment in any class for a period of five years.
- Cleans interior of buses including windows, seats, dash areas and driver’s area around pedals, and sweeps and mops floors.
- Cleans exterior of buses including wheels and tires as needed by hand or with the Automatic Bus Washer.
- Fuels transit buses/support vehicles, probes and removes GFI cash box.
- Checks fluid levels, such as coolant, engine oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, windshield washer fluid and diesel exhaust fluid.
- Installation of public service messages inside buses.
- Records mileage, vehicle number, fuel gallons and fluids on the fuel sheet matrix form.
- Drives buses around yard and negotiates around the fuel islands.
Minimum Qualifications: A High School Diploma or equivalent. Must maintain Florida Driver's License to stay employed in this classification.
Follow oral and written instructions and directions.
Ability to record data, perform physical and laboring work.
Ability to operate buses safely.
Ability to provide good customer service.
Operational knowledge of buses, vans, oil reels, fuel pumps, steam pressure washer, drive thru vehicle wash, and Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF).
Sarasota County Government is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco free for twelve months preceding date of application.
Drug Free Work Environment EOE/AA/ADA