Administrative Specialist III (Working Title: Grants & Fiscal Coordinator): This position supports SCAT fiscal and grant operations including grant reporting for Federal Transit Administration (FTA), the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), and other rated compliance responsibilities. Provides assistance to SCAT staff, administration, and local, state and federal agencies. Interaction requires ability to interpret County and SCAT policies and procedures, and ability to identify, coordinate and resolve moderately complex operational issues.
- Research and recommends grant funding opportunities and coordinates the grant application process.
- Assists in preparation of board presentations and may attend meetings; serves as the eGenda originator for grant related items.
- Communicates with managers on grant issues, including legislative changes and projected impacts.
- Coordinates annual National Transit Database (NTD) and Triennial Reporting to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Prepares federal and state grant progress reports as required.
- Acts as liaison with other grant sub recipients, coordinates reporting, and ensures monitoring of compliance as required.
- Maintains all grant files, both physical and electronic.
- Provide guidance to ensure grant compliance during the procurement process.
- Responsible for grant reimbursement preparation and tracking.
Fiscal and Administrative Coordination
- Assists Fiscal Manager with administrative duties.
- Assists with annual budget preparations and entry.
- May be required to enter, approve or oversee purchase requisition process (IFAS).
- May be required to review or approve invoices for account accuracy and funding availability.
- Reviews expenditures/revenues to identify budgetary issues, and requests transfers and journal entries as needed.
- Provides organization/object codes to department managers for new purchase orders or P-card purchases, in coordination with SCAT Fiscal Manager.
Dual Control Responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications: An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university, plus 4-6 years of fiscal or administrative experience. Related experience may substitute for the college degree on a year-for-year basis.
Preferred Qualifications: Prior experience working with transit grant applications and reporting within the State of Florida.
- Customer services skills such as courtesy, sensitivity, tact, rapport and discretion.
- Respond appropriately to inquiries and provide adequate information.
- Ability to handle difficult customers/situations.
- Place priority on responses to internal/internal issues.
- Communicates effectively.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2010 including:Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new software as needed.
Sarasota County Government is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco free for twelve months preceding date of application.
Drug Free Work Environment EOE/AA/ADA