“US News & World Report: Sarasota is No. 1 in Florida and No. 18 in the country for best place to live.”
We need YOU to help create wonderful experiences for residents and vacationing guests enjoying Sarasota!
Did you know that SCAT (Sarasota County Area Transit) welcomes more than 3 million passengers per year?
As part of our 2019 strategic plan, and our vision for 2034, we will have "easy movement through mobility options and a strong sense of community." This is where you come in!
• We need your help performing light to heavy manual labor and custodial maintenance on transfer stations, main facility, bus shelters and stops to keep our community's SCAT facilities in top condition for our riders.
• Travel in a County Ford F-350 truck - you control your work environment music and temperature! Safe driving is a must!
• Join a dedicated high-performing team of County professionals.
• Enjoy great benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Florida Retirement System (FRS) and many, many more!
• Award-winning wellness program including free gyms and classes at multiple Sarasota County Government locations.
Subject to Passing Substance ScreeningThis position is subject to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who fails to pass a required drug-screening test shall be disqualified from employment in any class for a period of five years.
Maintain exterior of SCAT owned facility by: Picking up debris(trash cans) from around main building, bus stops and transfer stations. Pressure washing bus shelters and transfer stations. Sweep or blow off bus shelters area. Remove graffiti. Clean up bio-hazards from shelters. Inspect bus shelters and amenities for problems. Report all maintenance issues to supervisor.
Monitor supplies in store room and vehicle refill as needed. Distribute supplies to transfer stations. Maintain tools and small equipment in good working conditions. Perform minor repairs to bus shelters and amenities.
Assist with Skilled Trades Workers with major repairs of shelters and amenities. Touch up paint at SCAT facilities. First responder to facility related issues (plumbing, lighting, vandalism, ETC).
Minimum Qualifications: A High School Diploma or its equivalent; prefer some experience with small tools and light weight maintenance equipment. Requires a valid Florida Driver's License at the time of hire.
Sarasota County Government is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco free for twelve months preceding date of application.