Training Support Specialist (Veterinary Technician)
Ft. Sam Houston, TX
1Prospect Technologies, LLC is seeking a Training Support Specialist – Veterinary Technician to support military medical training. This individual will be part of a training team supporting Subject Matter Experts and Instructors with a variety of tasks related to the conduct of the Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TC3) and Brigade Combat Team Trauma Training (BCT3) readiness programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide veterinary technician support to the AMEDDC&S laboratory classes
· Work under general supervision of a veterinarian
· Must be a Certified Veterinary Technician
· Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
· 5-7 years of relevant experience
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
· Effectively communicate orally and in writing
· Must be able to lift and carry equipment and/or materials weighing up to 150 pounds. On occasion, the training support staff must carry this equipment up or down stairs and on uneven terrain in the normal functions of his/her job.
· While participating in clinical rotations, duty may require standing for an 8-hour shift or longer
· Required to wear personal protective equipment as needed
· Prior military experience or training as a vet tech preferred
1Prospect Technologies, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.