Desktop Support Engineer
Ft. Detrick, MD
1Prospect Technologies, LLC is seeking a qualified candidate for a Desktop Support Engineer to provide hands-on, desk-side technical support to both baseline and fee-for service clients of the Fort Detrick Network Enterprise Center. This includes client hardware and software support. Some desktop support may be handled remotely through remote control software. The work involves planning and delivering customer support services including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance and/or training in response to customer requirements.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide customer service, support, training and diagnostics to systems and software including productivity applications, Microsoft Windows operating systems, Scripting via PowerShell or similar scripting languages, IP protocols, Active Directory and equipment used in customer organizations.
· Monitor all REMEDY queues for all NEC Fort Detrick REMEDY support groups to ensure that tickets are properly templated and routed to the correct support group.
· Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations.
· May be required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
· Perform light duties and other related duties as required and assigned.
· Working knowledge of customer support and troubleshooting principles and methods;
· Ability to plan and deliver a full range of customer support services to customers including installing, configuring, upgrading, and troubleshooting any hardware and software components present; delivering formal and informal training and assistance to customers; reporting, responding to and resolving customer requests via Remedy and other trouble ticketing systems;
· Ability to diagnose and resolve problems in response to customer reported incidents;
· Must be able to identify, research, evaluate, and provide feedback to management on problematic trends and patterns in customer support;
· Ability to assist in the development and management of customer service performance requirements;
· Must assist in the development of customer support policies, procedures, and standards;
· Ability to troubleshoot complex problems & coordination with other IT teams and service providers;
· Will be required to regularly upgrading technical skills;
· Must ensure the rigorous application of Army information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of customer support services.
· At least one year of related work experience
· Active SECRET DoD Security Clearance
· Current CompTIA Security+ certification required.
· Current MS Windows 10 certification (desired), or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire
· Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision.
· Proven customer service skills.
· Ability to apply systematic/systems analysis processes and procedures to troubleshooting diagnostics.
· Advanced diagnostic skills and tools knowledge.
· Experience with BMC Remedy 8.1 or similar help desk tracking tools.
· Experience with Microsoft Office products including Access, Excel, and Word.
· Knowledge of Army IT regulations and security procedures preferred.
1Prospect Technologies, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.