Virtual Environment System Administrator
Fort Bliss, Texas
1Prospect Technologies is seeking a Virtual Environment System Administrator to provide software and hardware support and maintenance for Windows Servers and VMware hosting at Ft. Bliss, TX
Virtual Environment System Administration Responsibilities :
· Independently provide daily software and hardware support and maintenance for Windows Servers, Linux servers and VMWare hosting environment.
· Work with other teams to participate in cross domain specialty changes. Promote changes to production and other environments.
· Independently provide Windows server configurations in compliance with established best practices.
· Independently provide support in both secure and unsecure environments.
· Provide all functions associated with the implementation, operation, and maintenance of development, user acceptance testing and production environments using multiple Windows and Linux server products hosted on the VMWare environment.
· Provide daily administration of all environments, monitoring, problem resolution, on-call support, and hands on involvement in supporting multiple operating system server products hosted on the VMWare platform.
· Perform administration and maintenance functions in support of production, and development environments hosted on the VMware platform.
· Independently ensure server availability by providing server administration including performance monitoring, tuning, back up, and recovery on all servers from the VMWare platform.
· Assist in the research of new products, tools, methodologies, and standards related to all aspects of the server environment and its security and make recommendations.
· Independently maintain VMWare environment, Windows servers, and support systems for log monitoring, backup, performance monitoring.
· Maintain backup and recovery plan for all VMware environments including full site disaster recovery.
· Administer users’ accounts and permissions for all servers, enterprise e-mail, and other systems access within the multiple VMWare environments.
· Independently update software/hardware and apply security patches to all components of the VMWare hosting platform.
· Provide support of development staff within the multiple VMWare environments, including the production, development, test, and validation platforms under approved guidelines.
· Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
· 3-5 years’ experience in VMware system Administration
· Comp TIA Security+
· Min of certification of VMware 5 or higher
· Windows 2008R2 certification and 3 years verifiable exp 2008 Windows Sys Admin
1Prospect Technologies, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.