Sasebo Naval Base, Japan
Advancia Aeronautics is seeking qualified candidates to provide Clinical Psychological services to our military population and families at Sasebo Naval Air Facility.
Education and Experience:
• PhD or PsyD in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an America Psychological Association (APA) accredited psychology program or a program acceptable to the Office of the Surgeon General, USAF.
• Completed APA accredited internship/residency in clinical psychology (or an internship/residency acceptable to the Office of the SG, USAF.
• Have and maintain a current license to practice psychology in any one of the 50 states, DC, Puerto Rico, or US Virgin Islands.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in individual, family and group psychotherapy, couples’ therapy, alcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
Duties: The duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for and applies psychological procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and psychological testing/psycho diagnostic testing, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders.
• Conduct individual, family and group psychotherapy, couples’ therapy, alcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
• Consult with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts, as required.
• Maintain accurate and current notes in both the Department of Psychology records and patient medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produce reports of evaluation and/or treatment, as required.
• Participate in military specific training (for example, training to perform Command Directed Evaluations, security clearances, Military Training Instructor clearances, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, combat stress, etc.).
• Attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours and professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: Quality Improvement meetings, professional staff meetings, Commander's staff meetings, Department meetings and others required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by the Chief, Department of Psychology or his/her designated representative.
• Conduct applied research and clinical investigations in clinical/behavioral health psychology as required by the MTF.
In addition to a competitive salary, Advancia Aeronautics provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
Advancia Aeronautics, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.