Thank you for considering a career with Advantis Credit Union. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic people with a passion for excellence. We understand that it’s our people who create Advantis’ competitive edge by building trusted relationships with our members. We invite you to explore our honest and ethical work culture where employees are provided opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
As an Operations Support Specialist or Senior Operations Support Specialist you will provide a wide variety of support services for our retail network. Responsibilities include data entry, quality control review, account research, report reconciliation, procedure updates and creation, fulfilling service requests, project support, and miscellaneous file and account maintenance tasks. Operations Support assists with managing critical systems and services including the credit union's IRA/HSA program, deceased member support, CSR system, and online account opening platform.
As a Senior Operations Support Specialist you will also be responsible to:
- Support managers and team members by handling escalations, complicated error resolution, and answering difficult account questions for members and employees.
- Serve as a resource for branch and department staff on quality control analysis and verification for a variety of deposit accounts and membership types, including business memberships.
- Serve as mentor to department staff and assist with training of new department staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One-year previous experience in a financial institution. Deposit Account and Business Services experience preferred.
- Can perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy. Strong attention to detail.
- Strong service and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to analyze information and data to identify trends and anomalies, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Can work independently and complete assigned tasks on time.
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills; ability to multi-task and to work with multiple data systems simultaneously.
- Ability to be consistently accurate evaluating reports and documents for quality, analyzing work processes, and making recommendations for process improvement.
- Proficient in use of personal computer, and proven ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies and processes. Requires intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
To be considered for a Senior Operations Specialist you must also meet the following requirements:
- Deposit Account and Business Services experience required.
- Bachelors Degree in a business related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience preferred.
- Minimum one to two years previous experience working in a support role in a financial institution.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction.
We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun. We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home.
If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
To learn more about Advantis, please click here.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.