We are currently looking for an experienced Auto Electrician for our Iron Knob project in South Australia, with a minimum 2 years of current mining experience working on mobile earth moving equipment. You will be working on a 7 days on 7 days off roster.
The Auto Electrician reports directly to the Maintenance Superintendent and is responsible for electrical repairs, replacement of electrical components and tasks as directed.
- Conducting workshop maintenance and maintaining high housekeeping standards in work areas;
- Diagnosing electrical faults in mobile plant;
- Adjusting engine control systems in equipment;
- Installing electrical equipment, accessories and electronic components in equipment and vehicles;
- Dismantling and removing electrical and electronic assemblies and components;
- Diagnosing, testing and replacing electrical components including defective alternators, generators, voltage regulators and starter motors;
- Use of test equipment to locate and repair electrical faults;
- Repairing or replacing worn or defective electrical wiring, and electrical components and
- Maintaining equipment to company and OEM specifications to ensure reliable operation.
The Applicants should have
- Previous experience in a similar role on a mining project;
- Ability in prioritising safety and applying this within the workplace;
- Possession of a relevant trade qualification;
- Suitable skills in electronic fault finding, component change out, servicing and maintaining Surface Mining Equipment and Ancillary Mining Equipment;
- Ability to understand and interpret OEM manuals and electronic schematics;
- Ability to work in extreme conditions in accordance with BGC Contracting Fatigue management policies and
- Current drivers licence HR class.
Successful candidates should display a commitment to safety and the environment, teamwork, self motivation and pride/ownership of plant and equipment.
This is a residential position from either Cowell or Whyalla South Australia, there is no FIFO or camp accommodation provided.