The Electronics Group of Crane Aerospace & Electronics designs and manufactures high-density, high-reliability electronics for our aerospace, space, military, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. From the Mars Rover to implantable defibrillators; from submarines to fighter jets, our products have proven their ability to operate in the most demanding environments.
We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager at our West Caldwell, NJ campus.
The Supply Chain Manager develops and leads a team of buyer-planners and material handlers. They are responsible for implementing and maintaining robust alternative material replenishment systems that maximize the number of inventory turns while supporting 100% customer on-time delivery and quality and continuous lead-time reduction goals.
- Responsible for site tactical procurement activities, receiving, stockroom and shipping departments to include all assigned personnel and the integrity of all relevant data in the system.
- Responsible for all issues affecting on time delivery and quality of product from our suppliers. Coordinate meetings and publish minutes to keep Value Stream and Site management informed of status on any issues that may cause delays in shipments.
- Responsible for leading the efforts to develop, implement and manage alternate material replenishment methods (consignment, kanban, vendor managed) that increase turns year over year while supporting 100% customer on-time delivery and lead-time reduction.
- Support new product introduction procurement requirements.
- Develop visual standard work for all major processes and insure compliance of same.
- Develop, implement and support processes that continually reduce the number of transactions required to maintain and move materials and information flows.
- Support Value Stream Managers’ efforts to establish “point of use” inventory, ARMs, make/buy decisions and other initiatives.
- Monitor supplier scrap, being fully responsible for all valid in house rejects of purchased parts. Work with supplier base to reduce supplier generated scrap. Coordinate all technical communications with suppliers and obtain corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Insure that overall company policies and procedures are followed and that company-wide initiatives are supported.
- Build a highly skilled, highly regarded and motivated customer focused team.
- Any other task assigned by your supervisor or management
- Experience: 3+ years experience in Supply Chain in a manufacturing environment. Some supervisory or management experience preferred. Direct experience implementing lean concepts (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Leadership, 5S, etc.) Lean/Six Sigma certification (black belt or green belt). Prior experience implementing a pull system/Kanban approach to component flow. Extensive sourcing experience. Knowledge/experience with eSourcing tools.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of ITAR regulations preferred. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and MRP/ERP systems.
- Skills/Abilities: Excellent analytical, organization, and planning skills. Demonstrated success to develop and execute comprehensive supply chain strategies and action plans. Ability to develop, lead, and motivate cross-functional teams. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively as part of a team in a matrix organization. Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships & influence up, down and across organizational lines. Strong negotiation and contract management skills. Strong customer service orientation. Proven ability to resolve problems quickly using outside the box thinking and creative problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to influence and drive change and accountability. Ability to manage competing interests while maintaining a sense of urgency and to meet frequent short timeline, goals, and deadlines. Proven expertise in developing supplier quality systems and supplier performance metrics.
- Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or related field; coupled with strong industry Supply Chain experience.
- Master’s level degree preferred
- Certification in APICS and/or ISM is highly desired.
Special Work Conditions:
- Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals or permanent residents (Green Card).
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.