Crane Aerospace & Electronics has an exciting new opportunity for a Configuration Management Specialist located at our facility in Redmond, WA. As Crane Electronics continues to grow its business, the importance utilizing our business tools and processes plays a key role in our success.
The Electronics Group of Crane Aerospace & Electronics designs and manufactures high-density, high-reliability electronics for our aerospace, space, military, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. From the Mars Rover to implantable defibrillators; from submarines to fighter jets, our products have proven their ability to operate in the most demanding environments.
We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.
This key role will be responsible for managing all configuration management functions, including the storage, update, and reproduction of engineering/manufacturing documents such as drawings, bills of material, parts lists specifications, and engineering change orders. Ensures that master drawing files and history files are accurate and current, and that effective control is maintained over drawings and other document records.
- Maintain the Document Control - AGILE PLM and perform Agile system management tasks including testing and implementation in a sandbox environment
- Generate BOMs and part numbers using Agile system and controls product structure throughout its lifecycle.
- Maintains the daily activities for product configuration, documentation and the Product Data Management System (AGILE)
- Implements document/data management solutions with a primary focus on document control and records management
- Ensures company’s documentation standards and deadlines are met.
- Responds to changing technology environment and participates in decision making activities relating to customers’ needs.
- Acts as key interface between functional areas and document control processes.
- Make recommendations on system and process improvements and management policy changes.
- Manage the change review, approval, and implementation process, including chairing the CCB meetings.
- Ensures security of information and conformance to record retention policies.
- 2-5 years experience of document management/configuration management experience in a high technology environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of Agile PLM software system administration.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to work on a team.
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with ITAR, AS9100, and knowledge of quality standards a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office product.
- CMII certificate preferred
Special Work Conditions:
- Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals or permanent residents (Green Card)
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.