First Quality was founded in 1989 and, in nearly three decades, has grown to be a global privately held company with over 4,000 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, and Canada. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (print and packaging materials and thermoformed plastics), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Technician for our First Quality Tissue plant. This position will be located in Anderson, SC. This position is responsible for operating, testing, maintaining, or calibrating unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May assist engineers in testing and troubleshooting robotics equipment. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining production and any associated equipment to ensure highest reliability, proper line performance, and safe operation and coordinating PM programs.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Troubleshoots and maintains production and any associated equipment to ensure highest reliability, proper line performance, and safe operation.
· Understands and applies the principles and techniques of "precision" maintenance.
· Coordinates PM programs.
· Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical/mechanical hazards and takes immediate corrective action.
· Tests performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as electronic voltmeters.
· Reads blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
· Installs and repairs equipment using soldering, welding, and hand tools
· Aligns, fits, or assembles component parts using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
· Inspects parts for surface defects.
· Analyzes and records test results, and prepare written testing documentation.
· Verifies part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
· Operates metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
· Repairs, reworks, or calibrates hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
· Trains others to repair, use, or maintain robots.
· May assist engineers in testing and troubleshooting robotics equipment
· Uses CMMS Maintenance System to document work orders and procure parts
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Minimum 3 years functional experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of Associates degree and experience in related field required.
· Highly-qualified candidates would possess a technical degree or apprenticeship certification and maintenance experience in the paper industry or similar manufacturing environment.
APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS A JOURNEY LEVEL MECHANIC TEST IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO BE INTERVIEWED
Excellent compensation and benefits, which are effective the first day of employment!
First Quality is committed to protecting information under the care of First Quality Enterprises commensurate with leading industry standards and applicable regulations. As such, First Quality provides at least annual training regarding data privacy and security to employees who, as a result of their role specifications, may come in to contact with sensitive data.
First Quality is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or protected Veteran status.