First Quality was founded in 1989 and, in nearly three decades, has grown to be a global privately held company with over 4,000 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, and Canada. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (print and packaging materials), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Quality Technician for First Quality Baby Products located in Macon, GA. Responsibilities include:
1. Perform GMP audits in a timely manner.
2. Perform Quality Indices Audit
3. Enter test data and inspection data into appropriate computer software accurately in timely manner.
4. Understand and explain SPC function such as Average, Range, Standard Deviation, and Control Chart.
5. Perform basic math such as calculated area and perimeter of a square. Convert Percent to Decimal and Decimal to Percent.
6. Support Plant Financial, Safety, and Quality goals (by reduce cost quality; machine down time, and etc.)
7. Must communicate all problems to Team Leaders, Team Members, Process Technician, or machine personnel as required.
8. Must assure proper hold procedure is followed for products not acceptable for shipment.
9. Complete all required paperwork in a manner prescribed and in a timely manner.
10. Must maintain the work area in a clean and orderly manner, assuring the work area is clean and orderly for the following shift.
11. Be an active and productive member of the Quality Team, promoting harmonious relationships.
12. Must attend all training sessions or scheduled meetings as required.
13. Must monitor work practices of employees reporting violations of prescribed work procedures to appropriate persons.
14. Must perform all other duties as assigned by management.
15. Must be able to work overtime.
16. Must able to work on different shifts.
Education and experience requirements:
•High School diploma or equivalent.
•1-2 years’ experience as a Quality Auditor/Quality Technician preferred.
•Must have history of good work performance in areas of quality, safety, attendance, and attitude, with ability to change and adapt to new ways of thinking
Excellent compensation and benefits, which are effective the first day of employment!
First Quality is committed to protecting information under the care of First Quality Enterprises commensurate with leading industry standards and applicable regulations. As such, First Quality provides at least annual training regarding data privacy and security to employees who, as a result of their role specifications, may come in to contact with sensitive data.
First Quality is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or protected Veteran status.