Gopher Sport is seeking a results-oriented Circulation Analyst to lead the planning and execution of its catalog and direct mail campaigns.
ROLE POV: “ As the Circulation Analyst, I am the person responsible for driving revenue growth, improvements to ROI, and increased new customer acquisition thru catalog and direct mail programs. My role is both strategic and tactical as I work to identify the needs of the business and translate those needs into successful mail campaigns. I am highly motivated and a tenacious worker. I am a self-starter and can problem solve on my own as well as execute the direction given to me by brand leaders. I have a passion for numbers and data. I am organized, extremely detail oriented and communicate well. I constantly strive for improvement and enjoy rolling up my sleeves to accomplish results.”
The role of this position will be to increase corporate revenue and maximize the return on marketing spend by assisting in the planning and execution of catalog mailings and other direct mail initiatives. The role will be to provide analysis that recognizes opportunities for growth and make strategic suggestions that achieve corporate initiatives related to revenue, profitability, customer retention and customer acquisition.
Reports To: VP Marketing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan mailings that meet or exceed objectives as defined by brand leaders.
- Partner with brand leaders to develop annual customer and prospect circulation plans that achieve revenue objectives and are w/in budget. Plans should meet the key metrics of revenue per piece and response rate. Create forecasted results for each campaign and report on results.
- Provide actionable, data-driven insights based on campaign analysis and past customer/prospect behavior that enhance both current and future circulation strategies. Design and execute testing strategies that improve key metrics.
- Successfully execute all mailings so that 100% of campaigns are accurate and on-time.
- Be the primary contact for external list suppliers. Work with them to procure all lists as well as discover potential new list sources that incrementally grow revenue. Manage the relationship to ensure the highest level of customer service and best pricing. Review lists for accuracy and proper segmentation.
- Be the primary contact for the printer and list processor, managing all activities associated with print campaigns. Take the lead on providing list processing instructions, approving data samples, providing print quantities, and providing finishing and shipping/mailing instructions.
- Analyze , summarize and provide executive-level reporting on campaign performance in a way that creates actionable insights.
- Be the primary source for all analysis of direct mail campaigns.
- Meet regularly with brand leaders to provide data-driven insights that will lead to new opportunities in the areas of revenue growth or cost savings
- Create an understanding of the ROI by customer type and at the list/segment level. Understand the life-time value of customers.
- Partner with sales, customer service and IT to improve the quality and quantity of measurable feedback from mailings. Act as the lead for all ERP activity related to catalog and direct mail campaigns, ensuring campaigns are structured properly and operate flawlessly within the ERP
Successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Marketing, or related business degree from an accredited university/college
- Experience & Expertise:
- 2+ years experience in catalog marketing or a direct mail environment is preferred; B-to-I or B-to-B experience is a plus
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel. SQL experience is highly preferred. Access and Oracle experience is a plus.
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills, with the ability to identify trends and insights through data analysis
- Experience with manipulating substantial amounts of data quickly and efficiently
- Energy, enthusiasm and attention to detail is a must. A desire to create high-quality work and a sense of pride in the results produced.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication skills with experience in presenting findings to all levels of the organization
- Ability to hit goals within budget
- Proven history of being a strong decision maker with good problem solving skills
- Ability to drive results individually. A self-starter with the ability to identify what needs to be done and implement a solution.
- Zero tolerance for inefficiencies and waste
About Gopher Sport :
Gopher Sport is the leading direct-marketing company of unique, high-quality, innovative sports, physical education, fitness and early childhood products in the industry today. Since 1947 Gopher Sport has provided unsurpassed service to our customers and backed all of our products with an unconditional 100% satisfaction guarantee. We are headquartered in a 100,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art office and distribution center in Owatonna, MN.
It is our mission to help people of all ages lead active and healthy lives!
Why join our Team :
Our Team Members enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package, 3.5 weeks of Paid Time Off accrued the first year, plus (8) company paid holidays; company-wide performance bonuses, 401K, ESOP, tuition reimbursement, product discounts, wellness programs, stand-up work stations, an onsite fitness center and so much more!
Apply today: http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GOPHERSPORT&cws=1&rid=502
Gopher Sport is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer