DIVISION: Animal Control - The Veterinary Public Health Division is a 24 hour, 365 day operating program.
HOURS: 18.75 hours per week, mostly weekend hours including some holidays. Evening shift and overnight on call once per week or as necessary for operational need.
SALARY: $16.50 per hour
Enforcing the animal control ordinance and educating the public on responsible pet ownership. Team oriented environment. Comfortable in a fast pace, high volume, multi-tasking workplace.
- Investigating animal related complaints (rabid, stray, biting, neglected, injured etc.).
- Capture and transport animals and prepare citations as well as reports.
- High School diploma or GED and a good driving record are required (Valid IL driving license).
- Knowledge of animal behavior as well as animal handling experience.
- Euthanasia Certification (through the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation) is required within 9 months.
- Good writing skills and computer competency a must.
- Ability to understand and interpret public health ordinances and policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to relay education and policy to the public.
- Ability to lift 100 Lbs.
- Bilingual Preferred.
- Position subject to a background check including fingerprinting.
Deferred Compensation Plan, Paid Vacation, Holidays, Personal and Sick Days.
No applicant for employment shall be discriminated against because of age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or disability. McHenry County is an equal opportunity employer.