LOCATION Madison, WI
WORK HOURS 40hrs/week during the summer and part-time 15-20 hrs/week during fall
EDUCATION A current student in Electrical or Computer Science or GIS.
Student engineers work with experienced engineers to perform functions of the Engineering Services Department.
- Assists with electric power supply system planning work.
- Assists with engineering work.
- Performs a range of software duties including systems support, programming, data analysis, and limited development of software tools to support the engineering function.
- Ability to work with computer models and relational data used in mapping and analysis and translate between computer models and drawings and diagrams.
- Ability to read and understand schematic drawings of electric and gas facilities.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and preferably SQL, Oracle and Visual Studio (VB)
- Working knowledge of Esri or Schneider mapping software.
- Ability to analyze information and summarize results.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid drivers’ license with good driving record.
- Assists engineers with engineering analysis of electric distribution system.
- Performs power-flow software simulations (SynerGEE) to analyze system load, phase balance, voltage regulation, and fuse coordination.
- Works with Oracle and SQL and uses Visual Studio (VB) to develop tools used by engineering.
- Performs field inspections of electric facilities for planning or engineering as needed.
- Works with engineers and technicians to update distribution system models as needed.
- Supports Transformer Load Management (TLM) and Power Control (Demand Load Management).
AA/EOE-Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Disabled/Vets