40 hours, full-time, for spring semester and summer to fulfill co-op student status
A CURRENT student in Electrical or Construction Engineering who is interested in working with customers.
Assist a team of experienced construction/operation engineers in providing support for MGE's electric distribution system and customers in getting their energy.
- Basic knowledge of electricity.
- Ability to read site plans.
- Ability to use computer software.
- Basic knowledge of common spreadsheets a nd word processors.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Great customer skills.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Field investigates electric distribution facilities for system improvement and new construction projects.
- Reads and prepares engineering drawing, plans, and profiles for system improvement and new construction projects.
- Communicates project details to Architectural Engineers, Electrical Contractors, Field Supervisors, and customers
- Uses computer software programs such as Microsoft Word to assist Engineering staff with construction orders.
- Monitors distribution transformer needs by means of an electronic mapping system and pre pares new orders to maintain consistent inventory levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on "Apply for this Position" below. However, if you are already logged in, click on the "Add To My Jobs" below.
AA/EOE-Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Disabled/Vets